Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting a ring, Boss calls Joe

MLB ERA

Wanting a ring, Boss calls Joe

\
    "I'm not even sure where the improvement would go to," Torre said to reporters last night before the Yanks went down to their sixth straight defeat, 6-3 to the Twins.
    Rest of story
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

You'll always find Stein. in a frenzy when we are losing. I expect some type of moves before trade deadline. Stein just wants to win, and hopefully the Yanks start winning.

What moves? We have very little to logically give up for anyone that would be a big help.

I said before...we have a starting lineup and have play the cards we were dealt prior to April 1st. Cano and Wang were pleasant cards we uncovered.

Faith is a funny thing...it can make you like a true fan and visionary if your team comes through. I recall in 1998 telling a person that the Yankees would sweep the word series vs Padres after we defeated the RedSox. He ended up paying me $50. I also came out pretty good against multiple people in 2000.

Faith can also make you look like a fool, which is called blind faith. I honestly have not felt good about our team since 2000 maybe 2001. In 2001, I felt nervous because of Schilling and Big Unit. In 2002-2004, I just never felt we had that fire. We have a lot of great players but how about the fire? I certainly have to say 55 games into 2005, I feel worse than any year going almost back to the 80's.

MLB ERA
    This isn't a matter of faith, but a matter of a series of bas decisions. Desperation would only dig a deeper hole. The Yankees need to rebuild, but they can't do that until they realize they need to rebuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Rookie ERA
    I've heard the idea of a trade being brought up and I hafta ask who would we trade? I'm not down to trade Wang and Cano. Our farm system is dry. Besides Wang and Cano, we have Duncan and that's about it. Nobody wants the fat contracts we have acquired to the team. We're stuck with what we've got.
    As for having faith, RLA is right. I don't want to give up on this team when there's about 100 + games left but I've got to be honest, this team is pissing me the hell off. If I had to say what the Yankees' problem is, I wouldn't even know what to say because it's so many things depending on what kind of night it is for them. It's nerve wracking to say the least. Steinbrenner needs to stop going into panic modes every year. I know he wants to win, dammit so do I, but the checkbook is not working and it hasn't for the past 4 years. We need to get some homegrown talent and supplement it with some trades and free agents. He's dug us into a hole with giving players these big contracts and their productivity isn't equal to the money they're being paid. Rebuilding sounds like a dirty word, but it's looking like it's something we gotta do. That, and build up our farm system and not use the prospects we do have to make more trades.

AAA ERA
    I recall in 1998 telling a person that the Yankees would sweep the word series vs Padres after we defeated the RedSox.
    You mean Cleveland.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't see what the Yanks would trade either to get someone. Joe Torre said it himself. There isn't anything to get. Hard to ask George for something when you have a 200 million dollar team. Wang and Cano have done ok against mediocre teams. Wang looked good his last outing but overall has been average. Cano can play a decent second base but his hitting has been subpar againts mediocre pitching. Not a good sign. If the Yanks are gonna pull it out, they will have to do it with what they got.

Rookie ERA
    If we trade wang and cano we are going to have prolonged misery. Whats one pitcher gonna do for us, randy was supposed to be that pitcher but he hasnt been it. No one player will save us. Its time to reload with young guys and stop going with all these old overpaid players.

Amen! Best post on the Yanks forum so far.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    There will be teams in small to medium size markets that will be badly out of their division races by the end of July. They will have high salaried players who will become free agents at the end of the year and who they will not be able to re-sign. Getting something rather than nothing and dumping salary with two months of the season left becomes desirable. The price for these players (willingness to give up talent) a team is willing to pay depends, among other things, on how many teams are in the hunt their ability to absorb the remaining salary, for some whether they have a chance of re-signing the player. Unfortunately, there will almost certainly be players out there that can help the Yankees that will be obtainable for very little talent. Grrrrrrr!

Rookie ERA
    ^ The question is who would the Yankees get? How much more can you stuff the lineup? We're already filled with high salary guys in the lineup. If we're looking to get a defensive guy, who would we have in mind? And who would we trade? There's no point in getting into trade discussions because the Yankees have to nothing to offer anybody. Like I said in my previous post, we're stuck with what we've got. We need to start hitting and the rotation needs to start pitching better. We had that down until the last two games of the Red Sox series and I have no idea what happened after that. We're capable of surviving without making any trades as long as we can get on point and get that confidence back and someone in that rotation needs to step up and maybe the others will follow suit.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss November
    ^ The question is who would the Yankees get? How much more can you stuff the lineup? We're already filled with high salary guys in the lineup. If we're looking to get a defensive guy, who would we have in mind? And who would we trade? There's no point in getting into trade discussions because the Yankees have to nothing to offer anybody. Like I said in my previous post, we're stuck with what we've got. We need to start hitting and the rotation needs to start pitching better. We had that down until the last two games of the Red Sox series and I have no idea what happened after that. We're capable of surviving without making any trades as long as we can get on point and get that confidence back and someone in that rotation needs to step up and maybe the others will follow suit.
    Robby Cano for Barry Zito

Rookie ERA
    ^ That's a big risk to take. Zito is what 1-6, 1-7? I know a lot of the problem is his lack of run support, but even then, these past few years he hasn't been sharp. If he can't perform in Oakland then how he'll perform in the spotlight in New York is anybody's guess. While I really want to Cano to develop here in New York, I'm not entirely against the trade. Our rotation is in shambles and I'll take anything at this point.

AAA ERA
    I'll tell you what Zito is: A 27-year-old left hander. Lefties in Yankee Stadium don't have to worry about the short porch in Rightfield as much. He might not have great fantasy numbers, but I think he can still get guys out. Mel will remind him. Plus with his numbers down we might be able to steal him for just Robby Cano.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast