Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting a ring, Boss calls Joe

Stottlemyer is the most useless pitching coach in the majors. I really wanted to see him go, year after year.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Robby Cano for Barry Zito
    Wow and wow! Jawdropping Cano for Zito? I still can't believe you just wrote that. That has to be the worst idea in the history of mankind. Yes even worse than Kent Bottenfield for Jim Edmonds.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss November
    ^ The question is who would the Yankees get? How much more can you stuff the lineup? We're already filled with high salary guys in the lineup. If we're looking to get a defensive guy, who would we have in mind? And who would we trade? There's no point in getting into trade discussions because the Yankees have to nothing to offer anybody. Like I said in my previous post, we're stuck with what we've got. We need to start hitting and the rotation needs to start pitching better. We had that down until the last two games of the Red Sox series and I have no idea what happened after that. We're capable of surviving without making any trades as long as we can get on point and get that confidence back and someone in that rotation needs to step up and maybe the others will follow suit.
    Its impossible to suggest who the Yankees might get until we know who is available. To think that the Yankees can't better themselves is absurd. That they have so many high price players only means that they have a bunch of over priced over-the-hill ballplayers.

However arguing about this is absurd. Time will tell. In any event there is no doubt in my mind that the Yankees will obtain one or more players before the end of July. Are you willing to assert with any degree of certainity of opinion that they won't?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Yanks shouldnt deal Cano, and ESPICALLY FOR ZITO. Sure Zito would be a lefty in Yankee Stadium, but face it he couldnt last here mentally.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    Hell Randy is a lefty and he hasnt worked out, you cant just throw any old lefty in here and expect him to do well because he's a lefty. I dont want to trade cano for anybody.

MLB ERA
    Beane isn't dumb enough to trade Zito for Cano straight up.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Robby Cano for Barry Zito

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Wow and wow! Jawdropping Cano for Zito? I still can't believe you just wrote that. That has to be the worst idea in the history of mankind. Yes even worse than Kent Bottenfield for Jim Edmonds.
    That's cute. Do you just laugh like a little punk or actually add something of value to the conversation other than "that's stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid!" Why don't you tell us why it's the "worst idea in the history of mankind"? How about you back up your little chirpy, junior-high laughter with some arguments? Worst idea in the history of mankind is giving you MVP last month.

It's a stupid trade for the A's. It's a steal for the Yanks. I will take Cy Young award winners for a dink-and-dunk .240 hitting 2bmen before the offer is out of your mouth. It would be cunning, and sly for the Yanks to snag Barry freaking Zito for a kid that hasn't learned how to hit in the big leagues yet. That's probably the reason Beane wouldn't want this deal. Cano is getting on base at an astonishing .261 clip! Let's not overrate Robby Cano just yet, Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COUNTRY
    Hell Randy is a lefty and he hasnt worked out, you cant just throw any old lefty in here and expect him to do well because he's a lefty. I dont want to trade cano for anybody.
    Randy is 4-2 at Yankee Stadium this year with a 3.39 era.
    Last edited by Hmark6; 06-08-2005 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Forgot to blow up Big Country.

Do you just laugh like a little punk

Yeah, that's all he does. Reminds me of a guy named gallery from FanHome.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You answered your own question in the second paragraph dude. Cano for Zito would be a steal for you guys of course. To actually suggest that that was a reasonabel trade is what was so funny. No GM in the league would ever do that. So why back it up when you knew the answer all along.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Yeah, that's all he does. Reminds me of a guy named gallery from FanHome.
    Yeah that's all I do. Wait no I back up everything I say. One instance and you are gona say I do that all of the time. Priceless. Now go look through all my posts and find when I did that. I would love nothing more than you wasting your time doing that.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    You answered your own question in the second paragraph dude. Cano for Zito would be a steal for you guys of course. To actually suggest that that was a reasonabel trade is what was so funny. No GM in the league would ever do that. So why back it up when you knew the answer all along.
    Whats wrong with suggesting it? The sad this is that Yankees wouldn't want to let go of Cano for Barry Zito. I would have told you a year ago that no GM in their right mind would get rid of Mulder and Hudson. No GM in their right mind would let Adrian Beltre walk and give his money to JD Drew.

What about Zito for Wang?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    That makes a little more sense. Beane is going for a complete overhaul and youth movement but again I don't see this happening. Why let all three of the Big Three go? The A's need big bats and they can get a much better package for Zito. Beane has said all along that Zito is untouchable. He made the wrong choice that is clear. If Zito ever finds his control again, he will be a great leader for that inexperienced rotation.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Its impossible to suggest who the Yankees might get until we know who is available. To think that the Yankees can't better themselves is absurd. That they have so many high price players only means that they have a bunch of over priced over-the-hill ballplayers.

However arguing about this is absurd. Time will tell. In any event there is no doubt in my mind that the Yankees will obtain one or more players before the end of July. Are you willing to assert with any degree of certainity of opinion that they won't?

Who the Yankees would trade for is one question. The more important question is who would we trade. Answer me that. The most we can and are willing to give up are probably Wang and Cano and then the question becomes what are we looking for. And the worst thing we could possibly do is trade away either of them for rent-a-pitcher for half a season Clemens. What other pitchers would be available that are actually worth getting?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Zito will not be a YANKEE. We need nothing, we have the best team in baseball, and that will be proven by seasons end. From what I read in your posts, on what you would do, you guys would have the YANKEES in last place in a month.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast