Thread: Posada DL Bound

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yankees Posada DL Bound

Jorge Posada reportedly has a tear in his subscapularis muscle and will most likely be placed on the disabled list.
    It's hardly a surprise that Posada's injury was more serious than the Yankees were letting on. Still, they obviously didn't think he was DL bound or they wouldn't have just designated Chad Moeller for assingnment. Jose Molina will fill in for however long Posada is unavailable. The Yanks will probably call up Chris Stewart for now, though they'll try to get Moeller back in the majors if he clears waivers.
    This hurts because when Jorge has actually played, he has done well. Yankees better hope he isn't out for a long time because Molina and Moeller aren't that good and the Yankees are already struggling.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Posada DL Bound

While I was listening to the Sox game they announce this and the Yankees fear that this is much much worse than they orginally thought.

MLB ERA

The Yankees would not confirm this report, so it's still up in the air about what the extent of this injury is, or if it even exists. Posada's never been on the DL in his entire career, so I"m sure he'll do all he can to do to stay off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Posada's 36 now so its tougher to recover.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

This sucks but it would happen to the Yankees. not shocked
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

****...that basically all you can say.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

As long as it's not a season ender we'll be find. Molina has played really well. I wouldn't want him to start all season but depending upon what they find in the tests will determine how much trouble we are in.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The New York Daily News reports that Jorge Posada (shoulder) will be placed on the disabled list, noting that "the issue now isn't whether he will miss time, but how long it will be before he can return."
    Posada has never been on the disabled list before and had rejoined the lineup after previously missing time with the shoulder injury, but has apparently suffered a major setback. "It's very disappointing, the biggest disappointment of my career, probably," Posada said. "I thought I was coming along, but it's not. We're going to find out what's really bothering me and make a wise decision." Posada is scheduled to undergo an MRI and will visit with Dr. James Andrews later this week. For now, Chris Stewart will be called up to serve as Jose Molina's backup.
    This could be serious and he just signed that ridiculous contract.

Closed
    AAA ERA

A published report on CBSsports.com stated that Posada will not miss the remainder of the season due to his shoulder injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    A published report on CBSsports.com stated that Posada will not miss the remainder of the season due to his shoulder injury.
    What a relief!