Thread: George Steinbrenner names sons Hank and Hal Yankees' co-chairpersons

Yankees George Steinbrenner names sons Hank and Hal Yankees' co-chairpersons

Hank and Hal Steinbrenner have been running the Yankees together since late last year, overseeing most of the team’s operations under the watchful eye of their father, George Steinbrenner.

Thursday, the Boss gave his sons - as well as his wife and two daughters - new titles in the organization, stamping their status as the next generation.

George Steinbrenner, who has gone under the title of principal owner for several years, was renamed as the franchise’s chairperson, while Hank and Hal were dubbed the Yankees’ co-chairpersons.

Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal, Jessica Steinbrenner and Joan Steinbrenner were named as vice chairpersons.

“I am excited to announce these titles,” George Steinbrenner said in a statement. “I am pleased to work with my two sons, Hal and Hank. With me, they will jointly oversee the club on a day to day basis. I am also gratified to recognize the leadership of my daughter Jenny in the club’s charitable endeavors and her involvement with new stadium matters; as well as the contributions of my wife Joan and daughter Jessica in assisting me.

“Together with my executive team, the New York Yankees are prepared for the future and the exciting challenges the next several years will bring.”

Late last month, Hal Steinbrenner said he and his brother had no plans to sell the Yankees any time in the near future.
    George Steinbrenner names sons Hank and Hal Yankees' co-chairpersons

I expect great things from the Steinbrenners!

MLB ERA

Re: George Steinbrenner names sons Hank and Hal Yankees' co-chairpersons

Hank and Hal are just lab-created clones of the bossman anyways, so this is of little significance
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.