Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 4/1 - Blue Jays at Yankees

Re: 4/1 - Blue Jays at Yankees

Yankees win! 162 or Bust!

AAA ERA

Nice opener, Wang wasn't at his best but it's important Pettitte, Wang and Mussina give us as many innings as possible as the 2 young guys will not be able to go deep into games too often so Wang going 7 is a perfect outing and it was nice to win the last home opener at the current Stadium.

It just didn't sound the same w/o Bob Sheppard. Bob has missed games over the past decade but Opening Day/Night is different. It didn't sound like Yankee Stadium w/ the backup PA announcer introducing the lineups. Hopefully Bob can get healthy but he's pushing 100 so I don't know if we will ever hear him again.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Nice opener, Wang wasn't at his best but it's important Pettitte, Wang and Mussina give us as many innings as possible as the 2 young guys will not be able to go deep into games too often so Wang going 7 is a perfect outing and it was nice to win the last home opener at the current Stadium.

It just didn't sound the same w/o Bob Sheppard. Bob has missed games over the past decade but Opening Day/Night is different. It didn't sound like Yankee Stadium w/ the backup PA announcer introducing the lineups. Hopefully Bob can get healthy but he's pushing 100 so I don't know if we will ever hear him again.
    Bob will come back in June.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's never going to be the game without Sheppard...I actually know him a little bit. He lives in my hometown, goes to my church, lives next door to my former piano teacher etc...he's showed me his WS and SB rings. Real nice guy. But I highly doubt he's going to make it back this year, and even if he does I think this it for him.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    It's never going to be the game without Sheppard...I actually know him a little bit. He lives in my hometown, goes to my church, lives next door to my former piano teacher etc...he's showed me his WS and SB rings. Real nice guy. But I highly doubt he's going to make it back this year, and even if he does I think this it for him.
    I'm worried about sheppard

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    I'm worried about sheppard
    He quit the Giants Stadium announcing to concentrate on the Yankees. I hope he keeps on keepin on, love his voice. I already miss him at Giants games, but at Yankee stadium, his absence is just not right. I hope he makes it to announce Opening Day at the new stadium
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456