Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alex Rodriguez moves to...

ERA
    Call NASA
    It would be inane/insane to move the greatest shortstop in the game out of position. Arod is no Jeter defensively at SS. Arod is barely adequate at 3B. So you leave Jeter at short to help cover the gaping hole Arod leaves at 3B. Hope Arod improves, and if Mr.S. sees the need, go get a CF.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    A-rod won 2 gold gloves at shortstop, jeter won 1...which didn't happen until A-rod moved to 3rd base...

ERA
    Call NASA
    Gold gloves are a meaningless title, most of the time determined by prejudice, incapable official scorers, and personal views by each scorer. Let alone the difference in pressure of playing on a last place team compared to playing for a constant contender and the constant pressure. I have learned to take gold gloves with a large grain of salt.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    just saying is all...don't writers vote for gold gloves or does rawlings (sponsor) just pick 'em? or something else? I know they don't just give it to the guy with least errors or highest fielding percentage

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Jeter nor Arod is the future in CF. No getting around it. Jeter's arm=Damon's arm from CF. Scary thought.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Did I ever say he couldn't play CF? Nope sure didn't.
    No, but you certainly implied it. "I think its pretty funny that you guys think Arod can just up and go to CF."
    Bringing up Biggio is pretty lame as we all know he was not a good one. Robin Yount was pretty average in CF too.
    Like I said, A-Rod is a far superior 5-tool player to both Yount and Biggio.
    It takes years to learn and craft a position is what I was saying.
    For you. Not so for a professional athlete.
    He hasn't even learned how to play third completely. Now you are gonna give up on him and move him to center?
    Who's giving up on A-Rod? This thread is purely hypothetical. Sorry it rubbed you the wrong way.
    He gives the same production out of third that he would center so I don't get the point that your outfield needs more production.
    You outfielders need to put up big numbers. So Putting a Robby Cano in CF and getting another dink-and-dunk 2B is not helping the team offensively. PM me if you would like me to explain where your RBIs should come from on a baseball team. I thought it was common knowlegde but I guess not.
    Either way Arod would be in the lineup. If you put Cano in Cf or Arod you still got the same guys in the lineup.
    Yes, but if A-Rod hypothetically moved to center and the Yanks went out and got a 3B with a little pop, this would benefit the team offensively more so than moving Cano and getting a 2B. Was that clear? Again, PM me if you need me to explain what positions on the field are typically better hitters, and which are better defenders.
    If George wants a true Cfer, he will get one. You should know that.
    Just like last offseason, right?

ERA
    Call NASA
    Jeter's arm=Damon's arm from CF. Scary thought.

AAA ERA
    Jeter's arm=Damon's arm from CF. Scary thought.
    You obviously don't watch the Yankees at all.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Hmark6: Looks like we are on the same page with that one.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    My turn This is just great how you guys know nothing. It takes any athlete years to learn a position. To think otherwise is ridiculous. Arod hasn't even learned how to fully play Arod. Why is that I wonder? Oh yeah, it takes time. Is Arod a great athlete? Yes. Does that mean he can just go and play Cf? Absolutely not! It took Yount a good while to even get average in Cf.
    I forget more baseball than you will ever know bro. I am no longer gonna argue this dumbass point b/c you people think that people can just go and play a position. And yes it sounds like you guys are giving up on Arod if this is even a discussion. And yes I watch every team religiously b/c unlike you, I like to have knowledge. Jeter's arm is average. Put him in Cf and it would be like Damon's, weak.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    And they went and got Lofton last season so what the hell are you talking about?

ERA
    Call NASA

Yankees

Your killing me. I can't stop laughing, trying to figure which of your statements is most ridiculous.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    try and tell me scout? which one don't you get? I will try and explain it as simply as i can so a slowminded person like you can get it.

ERA
    Call NASA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast