Thread: I love Andy Pettite

MLB ERA

I love Andy Pettite

He is in no way a snake.

I'm not condoning steroids, but it's refreshing to see him man up, tell the truth and still remain loyal to his friends. If ever some guy convinced me, Andy is convincing me he really wanted to do this for the fans...

If he was a poster, I'd rep him.

ANDY!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: I love Andy Pettite

I love Andy because he backs everything McNamee says.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I love Andy because he backs everything McNamee says.
    Not really...he's awesome though

MLB ERA

he convinced me alright. the first f*#%in time he said he did them. but no, he forgot the part when HE DID THEM AGAIN. andy pettitte was one of my favorite players i have ever watched before this. he convinced me of the "truth" the first time he came out about using HGH twice to heal an injury. by no means right, but forgivable, definitely forgivable. but not this. he lied once. what's to say he's not leaving another part out? andy pettitte is scarred forever in my mind. i loved him. i still kind of like him. but he is scarred. i'm sorry to all those andy pettitte fans out there.

PS, i'm a Yankee fan, incase that was in question after this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    he convinced me alright. the first f*#%in time he said he did them. but no, he forgot the part when HE DID THEM AGAIN. andy pettitte was one of my favorite players i have ever watched before this. he convinced me of the "truth" the first time he came out about using HGH twice to heal an injury. by no means right, but forgivable, definitely forgivable. but not this. he lied once. what's to say he's not leaving another part out? andy pettitte is scarred forever in my mind. i loved him. i still kind of like him. but he is scarred. i'm sorry to all those andy pettitte fans out there.

PS, i'm a Yankee fan, incase that was in question after this post.
    Dude, if he isn't the most legitimately contrite person I've seen concerning steroids, I don't know who is.

He's refreshing compared to Canseco and Clemens

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Not really...he's awesome though
    Yes, really!

MLB ERA

Yes, really!
    Prove it before these varlots here thou honorable man, prove it! [/Measure for Measure Reference]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i thought he came off pretty good today. he didnt necessarily agree with everything mcnamee said, because mcnamee was a proven liar in congress anyway... but he pretty much said clemens was a liar, without saying "clemens is a liar". if hes effective, then i dont care how much roids he pumps into his body and cuts years off his life... fact of the matter, i havent gotten over the stigma of him leaving a couple years ago because "we didnt talk to him quick enough". the 7.5 mil extra we offered shouldve made up for it. he was a great trooper all those years his name was in trade rumors early in his career, and when they almost dealt him to philly... but once he left, i was indifferent towards him. hes just another guy on the team, that i root for the name on the front of the jersey, and not the number on the back.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Prove it before these varlots here thou honorable man, prove it! [/Measure for Measure Reference]
    Prove that he backs what McNamee says? Where the hell have you been? McNamee says he injected HGH into Pettitte and Andy says it's true. Andy also says Clemens has taken HGH which McNamee says he did. Where are you getting lost? Andy backs what McNamee says along with Knoblauch and Roger's own wife.

I thought Andy did a good job and stuck to his story. You guys can think McNamee's word is shit but not according to everyone else but Clemens. You call him a proven liar but what rat or snitch isn't?

MLB ERA

Prove that he backs what McNamee says? Where the hell have you been? McNamee says he injected HGH into Pettitte and Andy says it's true. Andy also says Clemens has taken HGH which McNamee says he did. Where are you getting lost? Andy backs what McNamee says along with Knoblauch and Roger's own wife.

I thought Andy did a good job and stuck to his story. You guys can think McNamee's word is shit but not according to everyone else but Clemens. You call him a proven liar but what rat or snitch isn't?
    McNamee really, really lied though.

Most of his support is conjecture.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Conjecture? McNamee's support is coming from first hand knowledge and eye witness accounts, not conjecture!! I love the "really, really lied" defense. His "lies" are backed up by eye witness testimony including Clemens' wife, Clemens' testimony isn't backed by anything.

MLB ERA

Conjecture? McNamee's support is coming from first hand knowledge and eye witness accounts, not conjecture!! I love the "really, really lied" defense. His "lies" are backed up by eye witness testimony including Clemens' wife, Clemens' testimony isn't backed by anything.
    He said he injected Clemens vs. the Devil Rays in July.

They didn't play in July.

In a court cae, time frame is prima facia...he ****ed that up...he would flounder in any case against Clemens

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Clemens would flounder in any court case too. Oh wait they both did already!! Doesn't mean McNamee is lying. McNamee could have gotten the game or even the month wrong but still be telling the truth in shooting HGH in Roger's ass which is obvious he is. Hell, Clemens' defense is that Pettitte "misremembered" a conversation where Andy said Clemens admitted to using HGH. Are we supposed to believe Andy can "misremember" something and not McNamee. Still doesn't take away the FACT that everyone admits to McNamee's "lies" and Roger claims he didn't know of HGH til last year. Oops looks like Roger lied about that since McNamee shot his wife with HGH years before that. Time frame is prima facia and Andy still backs McNamee.

MLB ERA

Dude, if he isn't the most legitimately contrite person I've seen concerning steroids, I don't know who is.

He's refreshing compared to Canseco and Clemens
    He's contrite, but he unfortunately lied earlier. Once you do that to me, you lose all ability to "confess" to anything. How do we know that he's being serious? Just because he sounds serious and apologetic doesn't mean he actually is. They all put on a show. Some of them mean it, some of them don't. I would LOVE to believe that Pettitte means it, but to me, we can never be sure now that he lied to us once.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.