View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joba Chamberlain

6 50.00%
  • Phil Hughes

6 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joba or Phil?

MLB ERA

Re: Joba or Phil?

Joba by far. His intensity is comparable to Papelbon's, and I think intensity is 1) underrated and 2) a lost art in baseball. Also, he has an incredible desire to win. I see Phil as just another guy in the business of baseball. Chamberlin is a true baseball player, not a businessman. Plus he's just plain filthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    And Joba will be in the pen before the season is half over
    ESPN's Buster Olney said he heard Joba Chamberlain could open next season in the bullpen in an effort to limit his innings total for the season.

If the Yankees don't think Chamberlain is ready to throw 200 innings, then two months in the pen, followed by a move to the rotation, might be just the thing to see that he's strong in September and October. Still, it'd also be a good way to get him hurt if they don't handle the move back to the rotation correctly. For what little it's worth, the Yankees have said all winter that they're planning on starting Chamberlain off in the rotation next year. If that doesn't happen, Ian Kennedy would likely be the fifth starter
    Looks like the Yankees are finally taking my advice. The Yankees bullpen is weak and Joba proved to be a good setup man. Yankees shouldn't have given Rivera that three year deal. They should have signed Rivera to the one year deal and let Joba close after that.

Well, for one that is to limit his innings, and he would be in the rotation by mid season. And for seconds, that story was refuted the next day by the NY Papers. So I guess the Yankees FO is still lacking, eh?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes, yes they are. It would be the smart move to leave Joba in the pen but we haven't seen a smart move from the FO in quite a while.

AAA ERA

A year ago at this time Philas by far the best prospect, he was pitchng really well then got hurt and now all of a sudden he won't be a top pitcher. I love Joba but I just get a feeling hughes is going to be better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12