Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Streak Watcher

ERA
    Call NASA
    I find it amazing that the Ranger pitching suddenly got well enough to make a real run at the playoffs the season Arod gets booted.

AAA ERA
    Well, yeah that's exactly what happened. What's your point? How would A-Rod have any impact on the pitching staff? A-Rod might have put them over the top and into the playoffs in 2004 for all we know.

Here's some "misleading" stats to back up my post:

Code:
    team	W	L	G	GS	CG	SHO	SV	IP	H	R	ER	HR	BB	SO	BAOpp	ERA
    TEX 03	71	95	708	162	4	2	43	1473	1660	991	927	215	624	1039	.273	5.66
    TEX 04	89	73	630	162	5	2	52	1439.2	1536	794	727	182	547	979	.262	4.54
    Two Hundred few runs allowed, Joe. That is why they won an extra 18 games, not because A-Rod left.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by joek
    Element: I'll let you handle the negative streaks, I have to live with them, but I don't like them.
    OK:

5 game losing streak

2 seriers losing streak

1-5 in past 2 series. Including a 17-1 loss, and a sweep vs. the Royals.

27-26 overall, 4th place in the AL East, 5.0 GB Baltimore, 2.0 GB Boston.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Well, yeah that's exactly what happened. What's your point? How would A-Rod have any impact on the pitching staff? A-Rod might have put them over the top and into the playoffs in 2004 for all we know.
    Two Hundred few runs allowed, Joe. That is why they won an extra 18 games, not because A-Rod left.
    A negative influence is bad for everyone on the team, including pitchers. He gets gold gloves for being, at best, mediocre in the field and the pitchers cry foul. He leaves and the team does everything better and becomes a contender.

AAA ERA
    But the team he went to went to the ALCS! The team he left, missed the playoffs! I thought that was the Hallmark of the WM. The best players get to the playoffs, and A-Rod got to the playoffs! You can't blame A-Rod's playing ability for the lack of pitching on the Rangers all those years. If you want to talk about his contract, then thats a different story. But the way A-Rod plays baseball has no effect on the effectivness of the pitching staff! The guy is an offensive machine, and if anything he help the pitching staff

Mediocre fielders don't win Gold Gloves. He won gold gloves, because he was the best SS in the American League in those years according to people with a hell of a lot more credibility than you, Joe.
    Last edited by Hmark6; 06-03-2005 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

MLB ERA
    AL average LF: .272/.333/.418
    NL average LF: .271/.345/.463
    Womack average LF: .285/.331/.323
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    But the team he went to went to the ALCS! The team he left, missed the playoffs! I thought that was the Hallmark of the WM. The best players get to the playoffs, and A-Rod got to the playoffs! You can't blame A-Rod's playing ability for the lack of pitching on the Rangers all those years. If you want to talk about his contract, then thats a different story. But the way A-Rod plays baseball has no effect on the effectivness of the pitching staff! The guy is an offensive machine, and if anything he help the pitching staff

Mediocre fielders don't win Gold Gloves. He won gold gloves, because he was the best SS in the American League in those years according to people with a hell of a lot more credibility than you, Joe.
    The YANKEES had gotten to the playoffs for several seasons without Arod. He is not a WIN METHOD player and is a detriment to the team. A superb individual stat gauy, but someone I would never want up with the game/pennant on the line.

Mediocre fielders do win gold gloves when balls that go through their legs are scored as base hits. Official scorers are sports writers, they have zero credibility. Everyone has more credibility than sports writers.

MLB ERA
    6 game losing streak

2 seriers losing streak

27-27 overall, 4th place in the AL East, 5.0 GB Baltimore, 3.0 GB Boston.
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I just got called by Mr.S. He is unhappy to say the least. I do not know how long I will be on the road, but I am going to Tampa to meet with Mr.S. this afternoon and there more than likey is something in the fire.

MLB ERA
    Yeah, your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    1 game losing streak

3 seriers losing streak

28-28 overall, 4th place in the AL East, 6.0 GB Baltimore, 3.0 GB Boston.

Ha ha enough troll negative crap.

It is funny how the Anti-Yankee fans come out when the Yankees are down. If we give back to them at the end of the year...then who is portrayed as the A-Hole? So, this is the Yankee forum and the tolerence for trolling will tighten down.

MLB ERA
    OK, but I'm sure we'll have some good conversations in the smack forum

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    I just got called by Mr.S. He is unhappy to say the least. I do not know how long I will be on the road, but I am going to Tampa to meet with Mr.S. this afternoon and there more than likey is something in the fire.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Streak Watcher-negative4-jpg  
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Maybe Joe will get fired.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast