Thread: I've had it with this team

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I've had it with this team

Somebody needs to be fired or punched or something. I just can't take this anymore. I don't even want to look at the standings. We are playing sickeningly bad baseball and it's not appearing to stop any time soon. I would be completely satisfied with a Wild Card and even thrilled to get one at this point.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA

Re: I've had it with this team

of course we'd be satisfied to get the WC, you have basically the same chance to win the WS as a div winner. I'd rather win the div but it really doesn't matter. I am not giving up hope yet but it obviously isn't looking good as far as getting back to October and if we do't make it we have had a great run the last 12 years.

If THIS team doesn't make it to the playoffs, they may be the best worst team ever with all the talent they have.

AAA ERA

We can't hit, what can be done? It's been 13 seasons since we last missed the playoffs(actually 14 since in the 13th season there wasn't any postseason-1994 strike) so this was bound to happen. cashman has done a good job stockpiling young arms and that will help us in the near future, now he has to get us some younger position players. hopefully ARod opts out, we need to get rid of Giambi, Abreu, matsui(unles he becomes a DH b/c he is an embarrassment in the field), Damon. I know we won't get ri of all of thembut 2 of them would be nice saving money and hopefully getting some prospects in return.

The bottom line is we can continue to patch holes here and there and be the type of team we have been the last couple of years(a playoff team that loses in the ALDS) or we can struggle for a few years and really rebuild and be ready to contend for Championships again in 2-3 years.