Thread: Pavano to see Dr. James Andrews

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Pavano to see Dr. James Andrews

I called it. He'll be done for the rest of the season, anything we get from him is incredible at this point.

ARLINGTON -- Injured Yankees starter Carl Pavano (right forearm tightness) felt discomfort while pitching Wednesday afternoon and had to cut his bullpen session short after throwing for less than 10 minutes.
    Pavano said he is going to consult noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews as soon as possible because, "It's not where it needs to be."

"The setback was disappointing, but to me he was more disappointed than anybody because we don't count our chickens," Torre said. "The fact that he had to be shut down because of how he felt ... I know he is frustrated and he doesn't know what his next move is. Dr. Andrews may help him along those lines."

Torre said any appearance by Pavano, who has been injury-riddled since joining the Yankees in 2005, "is a bonus."

"We don't know when he is going to throw again," Torre said. "You certainly need to find out how to help him along in this area. I don't know what the answer is right now."
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Pavano to see Dr. James Andrews

I think I called it the day you guys signed him. Oh wait.....that was Jaret Wright but I did know he wouldn't be worth a damn!

I think he needs Dr. Phil

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

It's all been downhill since Melvin Mora hit him in the head with a line drive right after he signed w/ the Yanks in 2005.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It wasn't that big of hill since he didn't have a winning record before the Yanks signed him. He knocked him off his ant hill