View Poll Results: Is A-rod The Best Player In The MLB?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

4 44.44%
  • It's Matt Stairs!

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-rod Best In The League?

MLB ERA

A-rod Best In The League?

What do you guys say? They had this topic on Sportscenter and every state except 3 said yes he was the best. A-rod can do everything, he can run he can play the where ever you put him and we all now that he can absoutley just crush the ball. Right now it is hard to say. But I would have to say yes because every year A-rod puts up consistent numbers and every year he does an amazing job. Baseball like alot of sports is about consistency and A-rod is one of the poster boys for that word. I am not sure how far ahead A-rod is at this time in his career than Bonds was but if he keeps this pace up untill he retires he will just crush Hank Aaron's record. Best of all he is one of the most humble players in the MLB.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

AAA ERA

Re: A-rod Best In The League?

Right now he is,he is playing like the guy we thought we were getting 3 years ago. Let's hopre it continues.

MLB ERA

Ain't no thing without the ring.

AAA ERA

He can be the best player in the game w/o a ring he just needs to validate his great year in October. If he hits 80 Hrs and .380 and falters again in October then he's not the best playe in baseball.

MLB ERA

He's not a True Yankee.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    He's not a True Yankee.

Even with the horrific start he's off to I would still take Pujols, but right now A-Rod is probably 2nd.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

I made a necessary alteration to the poll and voted thusly.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He can be the best player in the game w/o a ring he just needs to validate his great year in October. If he hits 80 Hrs and .380 and falters again in October then he's not the best playe in baseball.
    October October October! You guys probably wouldn't have made it to October without this guy, yet you still like to downplay his production.
    In 2006 by July he had 14 game winning RBIs, so thats 14 games he won by his bat alone, Yankees won the division by 10 games, if Arod does not win those 14 games, you guys might not even had a chance to play in October.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: A-rod Best In The League?

I would take his non-producing butt on my team anyday. Whether or not he is producing, he is ALWAYS a threat in the batter's box, plus he makes the other players better, cause of his potential to beat yo with his bat at any given time. Hence 2 walk-off HR's already this year. Both in superstar style, 3R-HR and a salami!!!

Any time you want his career .280+ .avg 35+ HR's 110+ RBI's off your team, I am sure they are plenty of takers out there. You can have Jose Capellan for him, and pay part of A-Rod contract, cause the Brewers need a 3Bman desperately!!!

Serious response: no. He's the best in the first three weeks of 2007, but he wasn't even close last year or in 2004 (he was among the Top 3 hitters in 2005). Ask me in September if he keeps this pace up and I'll most likely say yes.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Other than Pujols, they are probably the two most feared hitters in the game today. Some people may say Ryan Howard (hasn't done it for a long enough period of time yet), Bonds (not as feared as he once was), Maybe Jeter (Mr. Clutch hitter, but not as feared with the long ball).

You have to go with A-Rod or Pujols, reputation speaks for itself.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    October October October! You guys probably wouldn't have made it to October without this guy, yet you still like to downplay his production.
    In 2006 by July he had 14 game winning RBIs, so thats 14 games he won by his bat alone, Yankees won the division by 10 games, if Arod does not win those 14 games, you guys might not even had a chance to play in October.
    We made it to octobr 9 straight years w/o him, we would hve made the last 3 years w/o him especially last year when he did nothing to help us. After Sheff and Matsui went down we needed him mroe than ever but it was jeter and Damon carrying us w/ no help from Arod.

So far this year he is a million miles in front of the nxt best player. 2 more last night but it was spoiled b/c Mariano is going through his semi-anual early season struggles and blew his 2nd straight svae opportunity.

FWIW, I don't think the Yankees would have made it to the playoffs in 2005 without A-Rod. They had a two game margin over the last team out of the playoffs.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

JUst like Giantsfan defends Bonds, I will always defend A-Rod. He is not my favorite person either, but I do respect his game and would still feel the same about him if he was a Brewer, but I would love his numbers, even 2006 numbers, on our roster. His "off" or "bad numbers that he supposedly had last year, are NOT what A-Rod usually produced, but his numbers were still better than most players in the MLB. Everyone has a down year, and they usualluy rebound the next. That is why I feel he will be MVP this year. He had the off-season to clear his mind and re-focus.

If Rivera continues to struggle, which I highly doubt, is he going to recieve the same treatment as A-Rod did last year? Didn't Mo have a rough start last year or 2005? And if my memory serves me correct, he regroup and had a stellar year. Closer stink up the joint occassionally, but he has the mentality to get it together and succeed.

MLB ERA

Pay-Rod is the reason the Yankees lost the World Series to the D-Backs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast