Thread: Yanks Closing in on Pettitte

AAA ERA

Yankees Yanks Closing in on Pettitte

According to Tom Verducci of SI a deal could be in place by the end of the week:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tte/index.html

Andy is always welcome here, he's not the pitcher he once was but he's still a quality starter and gives our rotation more depth. I hope he comes back.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i was always a big andy fan, til he skipped town on the basis that we "didnt show him enough attention"... which admittedly we didnt, but the fact that we offered 7.5 mil more shouldve been enough. blow me andrew.

AAA ERA
    It wasn't a money thing, they gave him that offer at the last minute. if they would have tried that hard earlier in the process he never would have left.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i realize it wasnt a money thing thus why i stated "it shouldve been enough". infact i remember the entire situation clearly, i dont need a reminder. hes a whiny ***** for skipping out the first time for such a miniscule reason.

AAA ERA
    His name surfaced in many trade possibilities, george never liked him and still doesn't, he didn't feel appreciated and i didn't blame him for leaving.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

It is hard not to like a guy that help guide you to many W.S. titles!!!! Andy can pitch on the Brewers any time. He is still a quality pitcher! Most, if not all of the players, in today's game want the big $$$ and the Yankees have never had a problem paying these contracts, so that is probably another reason why he felt unwanted. I would have done the same in his situation.