Thread: Yanks deal Sheff to Detroit

AAA ERA

Yankees Yanks deal Sheff to Detroit

This looks like a grat deal, I liked Sheff but he is 38 and coming off major injury and we got 3 young arms inccluding one that eems to be highly touted. i haven't seen any of these guys pitch so I am just going off the reports I read. Click the link for an article:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

MLB ERA
    The eldest one pitched in the Futures Game and will hopefully shine at Columbus, and show up with Phillip Hughes next season.

Great Deal.

AAA ERA
    If Sanchez and Hughes pan out we can have a heck of a top 3 for amny years to come along w/ Wang. hughes should be up at some point this year and sanchez likely by '08.

MLB ERA
    Sanchez is coming off an injury, so he will be brought along slowly. The other 2, Whelan and Claggett, are shut-down relievers. Claggett could be a closer in the future. Both are young and need some more years in the minors, but watch their progress. The jury is still out on them.
    Sanchez was considered the Tigers' best pitching prospect before they signed Miller and before he hurt his arm. He has been cleared by the Yankees medical staff and should be ready to go in the spring.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by catman
    Sanchez is coming off an injury, so he will be brought along slowly. The other 2, Whelan and Claggett, are shut-down relievers. Claggett could be a closer in the future. Both are young and need some more years in the minors, but watch their progress. The jury is still out on them.
    Sanchez was considered the Tigers' best pitching prospect before they signed Miller and before he hurt his arm. He has been cleared by the Yankees medical staff and should be ready to go in the spring.
    Thanks for the info.