View Poll Results: Pleasant Surprise of the Year?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jorge Posada's Season

1 11.11%
  • Emergence of Chien Ming Wang

5 55.56%
  • Play by the Bench

0 0%
  • Acquisition of Abreu

3 33.33%

Thread: Yankees Season Recap(+POLL)

MLB ERA

Yankees Season Recap(+POLL)

Stealing the same idea from Witlon...

Good:
    Jorge Posada: He beasted this year. He only had two bad months, and take them away, and he's probably up there in terms of best catcher this year, after Mauer. His defense was impeccable under Tony Pena, and his game calling greatly improved. Not to mention he hit .500 in the postseason. Amazing year.

Melky Cabrera: He came in and improved dramatically to solid hitting and amazing defense. You remember when he dropped those balls back in April/May?

Mike Mussina: Pitched amazing for the beginning of the year, and, even though he cooled down, was still a very formidable arm.

Chien Ming Wang: Established himself as our ace this year, and should be top 2 in the AL Cy Young voting. Great Year.

Scott Proctor and Mariano Rivera: Our two best relievers this year, these guys were the reason we ever held on to any games. Mo's only got a few aers left, but Proctor should be a formidable option for years to come.

Middle Infield: Jeter and Cano were' baseball's best hitting MI this year. They also provided excellent defense. If they were given the green light to steal more, no one could have come close to these guys.

Johnny Damon: Excellent first year here. Great table setter, good defense, pretty much what we expected.

Bobby Abreu: Immediately came in and made an impact. He was a great OF, while hitting up to All Star capabilites. Looking foward to next year and beyond.

Bench: Bernie, Cairo, Craig Wilson, Sal Fasano, Nick Green, Andy Phillips, Melky (towards the end), Aaron Guiel, Bubba. These guys all stepped into difficult situations at times this year, and produced. I could have asked for nothing more.

Rookies: Karstens, Melky, Green, Rasner, etc. They all were able to step up and meet expectations. I would love to see them all up for the duration next year.

Bad:
    Corner Infield: These guys proved that stats really aren't everything. Together, they destroyed our team chemistry, and combined for 2 hits in 20+ postseason at bats, making a ton of errors as well. It would be a pleasant day for me if neither returned.

Back of the Rotation: We must have had 6 or 7 guys pitted for the back of this rotation, but ended up with Lidle and Wright. Both of these guys really aren't that good, and needed a lot of hitting to win.

Bullpen (-Proctor and Mo): These guys sucked. They blew way too many games, put the game back in the hands of the opponents way too much. I think it's time to overpay for a proven reliever, because we need the QuanGorMo magic back.

Carl Pavano: Worst signing in Yankees history. He needs to win 16+ games with a sub 4 ERA for the Yankees for me to ever like him again. Stay Away, douche.

Gary Sheffield: This douche got hurt, and it may have been the biggest break all year. Normally, I love him, but he bit it in the postseason, and his contract's up, so bye-bye.

The Depressing:
    Randy Johnson: He's just too old. He still has that fire, as you could see in his postseason, but he just doesn't have it anymore. And we have him for what, 2 more years?

Hideki Matsui: He could have had a stellar year, but he got pressed by that injury. Not to mention, he looked hapless in the postseason. I just don't think he was fully ready for that kind of pitching.

Designation of Bubba for Assignment: This move singlehandedly ruined the team. It made ARod suck, ruined our hitting in the postseason, and made our pitching more nervous. You can blame Cashman for our decline, based on this assinine move.

Possible Exit of Joe Torre: Although I agree we may need a new manager, and need to go in a different direction, I love Joe, and this gutless crew is responsible for his departure. Nice job, assholes.

MVP: Derek Jeter. He carried the team as much as he could, and should have a shot at the AL MVP.

Rookie of the Year: Melky. That amazing catch, plus all his liveliness on the field made the team fun to watch. And, Melky produced too.

CPOY: Posada. He just had an amazing year, and was pitted by many, especially on these forums, for a monumental decline. I'm glad they were wrong.

Pitcher of the Year: Chien Ming Wang. For all the reasons I said before, plus he's a manimal.

good little review...the chemistry is hurrendous. WE NEED A TEAM LIKE 1998.

MLB ERA
    I like reading fans' perspectives on their teams, especially when they are objective as this one is. Good review. The middle relief was hot and cold. Either it was lights out or bombs away.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon