Thread: Goodbye Jim Kaat

AAA ERA

Yankees Goodbye Jim Kaat

Tonight marks the final game for longtime Yankee broadcaster Jim Kaat and w/ him goes much of the credibility in the Yankee booth. I do like O'Neill and Flaherty along w/ Singleton but w/o Kaat the booth loses alot.

This is a sad day for Yankee fans, not quite like Rizzuto's last game or the day when Bob Sheppard is no longer the PA announcer but it's still a sad day like Eddie Layton retiring. Good luck to Jim in retirement.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    a sad day indeed. a sad sad day.

i do like leiter too though. leiter and flaherty would now be the ideal booth.

AAA ERA
    I think Leiter is going to be good, he's ok right now but his style sounds too much like he's reading everything he says, he's a little stiff. He'll get better and I think he'll be good.

MLB ERA
    As one who saw Jim Kaat pitch several times, and enjoyed his commentary on the broadcasts I was fortunate enough to hear him on, I will say that he will be missed by the vast majority of the viewers. He knew the game from the inside, but did not use the jargon of the player to explain the action. His commentary was understandable by the masses.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon