Thread: Yanks vs. Tigers 8/29-31

AAA ERA

Tigers Yanks vs. Tigers 8/29-31

Detroit comes to town tonight and a sweep would put us in a tie in the L column for best record in the AL, detroit has been struggling more than we have so hopefully at worst we get 2 of 3 and inch closer to the top spot in the AL.

The pitching matchups are:

Robertson vs. Wang Tonight
    Ledezma vs. Johnson Tomorrow
    Bonderman vs. Wright Thursday

Wang just threw an absolute gem. 7.2 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks. Yankees win 2-0 behind a Wilson homer to lead off the fifth, which was the only run they needed. Mo came in for the 9th and closed the door.

1 down, 1 to go !
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    Make the next one a 10-9 10+ inning slugfest please. Nothing would be better than a Tiger team that just lost 2 straight and has a worn out bullpen.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    Wang just threw an absolute gem. 7.2 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks. Yankees win 2-0 behind a Wilson homer to lead off the fifth, which was the only run they needed. Mo came in for the 9th and closed the door.

1 down, 1 to go !
    I've been loving Wang this season, as long as he keeps the ball down in the zone that sinker is unstoppable. Even the best hitters in baseball can't square it up, they just smack it into the ground. Wang is making a serious bid for the Cy right now.

But I too would love to see a slugfest tonight, and we'll need one with ****ing Jaret Wright on the mound. Let's face it, that guy sucks.

Scott Proctor you have got to be ****ing kidding me. What a great game for the yanks until the ****ing 9th inning...absolutely unbelievable....I wonder what was wrong with Mo?

Quote Originally Posted by Looshius
    Scott Proctor you have got to be ****ing kidding me. What a great game for the yanks until the ****ing 9th inning...absolutely unbelievable....I wonder what was wrong with Mo?
    Mo' closed the first game so he was unavailable. The question is what is wrong with Farnsworth ?

Mr. Torre doesn't understand that homefield means anything. Just like the nature of his genius in the final game last year in which we didn't even field a competitve team and we could have had homefield. Then we are sitting home and he wonders why.

You want to know what the funniest part is ? Torre's excuse for not using Farnsworth was that his 'back tightened up in between games'. However, Smokin' Joe has no problem using Villone & Proctor every single day and blowing their arms to the point of Tommy John surgery. I love his reasoning.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    I've been loving Wang this season
    be careful how you word things

Mr. Torre doesn't understand that homefield means anything. Just like the nature of his genius in the final game last year in which we didn't even field a competitve team and we could have had homefield. Then we are sitting home and he wonders why.
    I think it meant more last year b/c of the West Coast trip but this year we would play the Central 2nd place team in the LDS and even if we played Det losing homefield for a short trip to det isn't that bad.

All is right with the world. Yankees take the rubber match and the series from the Tigers. Time for Detroit to start pushing the panic button. They are so lucky that they got a break with the rainout or else they would be walking out of Ny being swept. They are going to be fighting to make the playoffs for the next couple weeks. They may choke all together. They are not very good.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    All is right with the world. Yankees take the rubber match and the series from the Tigers. Time for Detroit to start pushing the panic button. They are so lucky that they got a break with the rainout or else they would be walking out of Ny being swept. They are going to be fighting to make the playoffs for the next couple weeks. They may choke all together. They are not very good.
    The 2 losses we have to det this year we blew in the 9th when Mariano wasn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    The 2 losses we have to det this year we blew in the 9th when Mariano wasn't available.
    I realized that when i thought back to the 4 game series we should've swept them in before and i remembered it was the last game and Mo wasn't able to pitch.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth