Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Rod

A Rod

I am watching sportscenter right now and they say that their experts think ARod might go...I am anxious to see this.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    doesn't he have a no-trade clause? he would have to waive it...I've read that he won't do that.

ooo...i dno i just heard it im waiting to see it now

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    If I were Arod, I would want to leave that hell hole too. Who wants to be booed every day and be criticized for all the simple things like having a shirt off in the park. It's truly unfair the way he has been treated and does no one, especially the yankees any good!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I will take A-Rod on the Brewers (see my post for my trade suggestion).... I like to see all the Yankee Fans go out and put A-Rod type numbers.... I know we all moan and groan about our team and perticular players. Lord know I do my share.... See me ***** about Turnbow lately.... But when it is all said and done, sports are sports and it is a game.

One thing that i always remind my self is: Can I go out there and do any better.................ummm... I don't think.... That is why I am here typing this post.... And one thing all Yankee Fans and Media to go out there and do a better job.......

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I will take A-Rod on the Brewers (see my post for my trade suggestion).... I like to see all the Yankee Fans go out and put A-Rod type numbers.... I know we all moan and groan about our team and perticular players. Lord know I do my share.... See me ***** about Turnbow lately.... But when it is all said and done, sports are sports and it is a game.

One thing that i always remind my self is: Can I go out there and do any better.................ummm... I don't think.... That is why I am here typing this post.... And one thing all Yankee Fans and Media to go out there and do a better job.......
    He'd be perfect in a place like milwaukee where he could put up "great" #s and never have any pressure of a pennant race or postseason baseball.

What does ARod struggling have to do w/ yankee fans not being able to do what he does? it's why he gets paid all that money, taking criticism and boos are part of the job, if he can't handle it he should have chosen a different profession.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    If I were Arod, I would want to leave that hell hole too. Who wants to be booed every day and be criticized for all the simple things like having a shirt off in the park. It's truly unfair the way he has been treated and does no one, especially the yankees any good!
    Why is it unfair? He's been a troicous in big spots since day 1 and now his all around play has deteriorated(hopefully it's temporary)? Should we cheer him loudly for that? It's about winning here, in SF you guys are happy seeing Mr. Potato head hit Hrs well we want to see TEAM accomplishments not individual and we aren't happy when our team isn't winning the way they should be and when our supposed best player has been a big part of that fans tend to get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Why is it unfair? He's been a troicous in big spots since day 1 and now his all around play has deteriorated(hopefully it's temporary)? Should we cheer him loudly for that? It's about winning here, in SF you guys are happy seeing Mr. Potato head hit Hrs well we want to see TEAM accomplishments not individual and we aren't happy when our team isn't winning the way they should be and when our supposed best player has been a big part of that fans tend to get angry.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nyjunc again.

LMAO !
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I understand that he gets paid tall $$$$$ to play a game.... I know it is very FRUSTRATING when your team doesn't perform up to the fans level of expectations. But as you can see, having the most $$$ and trying to buy a championship year in and year out is not always going to work... If an owner wants to buy a championship every, then he/she/they should not buy old players, and try to make smart baseball sense and not trade away 90% of their top propects. Just like the Yankees did in the mid-90's... Jeter, Posada, etc..... Build a championship team through your farm system... But, then again, that doesn't always work either, for example, my favorite team, the Brewers. We have been building since, what, 1990.. HAHAHAHAHA.

Don't get me wrong, WINNING is awesome, and I think every team wants that, so when you get right down to the nitty gritty, it is about WINNING with many teams!!!!!!!

Put yourself in that ball players shoes, and get booed or whatever, you would break down MENTALLY too!!!!! I am taking my own advice when I vent about any of my favorite teams and players... That is why I hope Turnbow can get his mental state of mind and physical talents straigthtened out. Everyone is sports and real life desreve to be treated with respect and opportunity to prove themselves and second, third chances when it is justly caused.

That is the motto, we all should live by, FORGIVENESS and RESPECT!!!!!!!

Maybe Yankee fans should try some reverse psychologhy on A-Rod and cheer him on meaningfully or lay off him and maybe he will relax and surprise you and be the M.V.P. again...

You do remember that he has won MVP awards in the past, so I do believe he is capable of playing at your expectations!!!!!

GO BREWERS!!!!!

MLB ERA
    I was watching SportsCenter last night to and saw that. Why does the Yankee fans boo A-Rod?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    I was watching SportsCenter last night to and saw that. Why does the Yankee fans boo A-Rod?
    It might have something to do with his .050 batting average in late inning pressure situations...
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    Alrighty. I would get rid of him.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

lol...john kruk seems to think that the yanks should keep him because he is gunna put up an mvp type year...what he forgot to say is that that mvp will be due to situations that don't matter such as a 8-0 lead in the 9th...I wish joek was here so he can explain why he wanted arod and what he thinks we should do with him now lol

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    And you guys are helping the matter by getting pissed over taking his shirt off and booing him for the simplest of things? I don't expect you to buy him drinks after an 0-4 game but you aren't doing your team any good. Giants fans are used to our team winning too and do see the TEAM accomplishments and we get angry when our best player does badly but no boos. Oh and guess what, its not Arod's fault the Yankees aren't winning. Why aren't you guys booing your starting pitcher every time he comes out?

MLB ERA
    Yeah, let's trade him for Carlos Lee. And we'll throw in Giambi. And you throw in Sheets, Turnbow, and Fielder. Deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast