Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Rod

AAA ERA
    We will trade you guys MENCH to get him back. DO IT!
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    That is the problem with the Yankee Organization... They want everyone's best players so their egos aren't briused when they spend, spend, spend so all they have to face is a minor league roster......... Yankees still haven't figured out that $$$$$$$$$$$$ doesnt always buy you championships!!!!

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I understand that he gets paid tall $$$$$ to play a game.... I know it is very FRUSTRATING when your team doesn't perform up to the fans level of expectations. But as you can see, having the most $$$ and trying to buy a championship year in and year out is not always going to work... If an owner wants to buy a championship every, then he/she/they should not buy old players, and try to make smart baseball sense and not trade away 90% of their top propects. Just like the Yankees did in the mid-90's... Jeter, Posada, etc..... Build a championship team through your farm system... But, then again, that doesn't always work either, for example, my favorite team, the Brewers. We have been building since, what, 1990.. HAHAHAHAHA.

Don't get me wrong, WINNING is awesome, and I think every team wants that, so when you get right down to the nitty gritty, it is about WINNING with many teams!!!!!!!

Put yourself in that ball players shoes, and get booed or whatever, you would break down MENTALLY too!!!!! I am taking my own advice when I vent about any of my favorite teams and players... That is why I hope Turnbow can get his mental state of mind and physical talents straigthtened out. Everyone is sports and real life desreve to be treated with respect and opportunity to prove themselves and second, third chances when it is justly caused.

That is the motto, we all should live by, FORGIVENESS and RESPECT!!!!!!!

Maybe Yankee fans should try some reverse psychologhy on A-Rod and cheer him on meaningfully or lay off him and maybe he will relax and surprise you and be the M.V.P. again...

You do remember that he has won MVP awards in the past, so I do believe he is capable of playing at your expectations!!!!!

GO BREWERS!!!!!

Ii agree w/ your 1st paragraph but booing is part of the game and great players should be used to it. On the road it's a great honor to be booed, at home it sucks but play like you are capable of playing and the boos go away real fast. It didn't sink Jeter and Rivera when they were booed and that was AFTER 4 Championships. if those 2 can be booed after winning 4 titles then ARod can be booed when he struggles in big spots like he has most of his Yankee career.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    And you guys are helping the matter by getting pissed over taking his shirt off and booing him for the simplest of things? I don't expect you to buy him drinks after an 0-4 game but you aren't doing your team any good. Giants fans are used to our team winning too and do see the TEAM accomplishments and we get angry when our best player does badly but no boos. Oh and guess what, its not Arod's fault the Yankees aren't winning. Why aren't you guys booing your starting pitcher every time he comes out?
    I don't get pissed when a guy is out enjoying time w/ his family in the afternoon. that's the tabloids riling fans up, I'm also not someone who boos when I go to games but I understand why people do.

Giants fans are used to makiing the playoffs- that's a different kind of winning than 4 titles in 5 years and 6 pennants in 8 years.

Our SP's are pitching well for the most part and when they struggle they are getting booed. Moose has been booed, Johnson has been booed, Wang has been booed, Chacon, Wright,... They all have but our SP has been pretty good this year and has kept us in the race. If we had ARod playing to his capablities we'd probably be 2 up instad of 2 back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12