Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yanks vs. Kansas City 5/26-28

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Wow, Johnson had a really sweet game, and he knocked some guys down. Looked far more impressive than he has v. the Sox.

(I know, wrong topic, but there isn't an El Tigres topic up)
    It's not just the Sox, he has looked awful against everyone since very early in the year. Hopefully yesterday is a sign of things to come.

AAA ERA

Can you say Knee-Jerk?

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    How can we have our only reliable starter facing the Royals and lose the game? A horrible, horrible loss. MNosse wasn't sharp in allowing 3 runs but we came back and the pen just imploded again. Brutal loss.
    Why is it always the apocalypse when the Yankees lose a game? Why is the first order of business after the Yankees lose determining what individual is to blame?

I would hate to be trapped in an elevator with you. Clearly, your first reaction to adversity is all out panic!

Junc, every team wins 54 games. Every team loses 54 games (including the Yankees, all of them not just the 3Bman). It's what you do in the remaining 54 games that determines the success of a season. In short: win series not games. And what did the Yanks do? Sometimes losses like this can serve some good. I know its after the fact (and you'll never believe a dissenting voice) but I thought that this would serve as the Yankees wake up call.

AAA ERA
    Why is it always the apocalypse when the Yankees lose a game? Why is the first order of business after the Yankees lose determining what individual is to blame?
    What indivisual did I blame? You think it was a good loss? blowing a lead to a team that had lost 13-14 straight and is by far the worst team in baseball? Ok, whatever you say

I would hate to be trapped in an elevator with you. Clearly, your first reaction to adversity is all out panic!
    Do you actually read the posts? Who the heck is panicking? All I said was it was a terrible loss and it WAS!

Junc, every team wins 54 games. Every team loses 54 games (including the Yankees, all of them not just the 3Bman). It's what you do in the remaining 54 games that determines the success of a season. In short: win series not games. And what did the Yanks do? Sometimes losses like this can serve some good. I know its after the fact (and you'll never believe a dissenting voice) but I thought that this would serve as the Yankees wake up call.
    I understand that and I never get worried about the team until october( a little earlier last year) but we comment on just about every game and last I checked you usually don't applaud a tam for losing. Sure in the long run it could be meaningless and in certain loss it could be a turning point but at the time no loss is a good loss espeically after winning the series in Boston then coming home for the worst team in baseball and blowing a lead to them.

AAA ERA
    What indivisual did I blame? You think it was a good loss? blowing a lead to a team that had lost 13-14 straight and is by far the worst team in baseball? Ok, whatever you say

Do you actually read the posts? Who the heck is panicking? All I said was it was a terrible loss and it WAS!

I understand that and I never get worried about the team until october( a little earlier last year) but we comment on just about every game and last I checked you usually don't applaud a tam for losing. Sure in the long run it could be meaningless and in certain loss it could be a turning point but at the time no loss is a good loss espeically after winning the series in Boston then coming home for the worst team in baseball and blowing a lead to them.
    I believe you called out someone named "MNosse" for the loss.

Baseball season is about winning series, not games. Flipping out over one loss is a little much, don't you agree (in hind sight) ?

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    I believe you called out someone named "MNosse" for the loss.

Baseball season is about winning series, not games. Flipping out over one loss is a little much, don't you agree (in hind sight) ?
    Wow! now you are pointing out typos and you still think you've had the upper hand in our arguments?

I didn't blame Moose, I said he wasn't sharp(instead of pointing out typos maybe you should worry about reading comprehension?) and the pen imploded again. Was anything I wrote incorrect? Who was flipping out? You are satisfied w/ losing, that's ok. I hate losing and it bothers me whether in real life or in the teams I follow. In baseball you will lose alot and I don't go crazy after every loss, I rarely go crazy but that was a bad loss(I didn't go crazy I was just annoyed) and it bothered me a bit. I don't hold onto it, I am not worried about it today but it was a bad loss and I was annoyed at the time.

AAA ERA
    Wow! now you are pointing out typos and you still think you've had the upper hand in our arguments?

I didn't blame Moose, I said he wasn't sharp(instead of pointing out typos maybe you should worry about reading comprehension?) and the pen imploded again. Was anything I wrote incorrect? Who was flipping out? You are satisfied w/ losing, that's ok. I hate losing and it bothers me whether in real life or in the teams I follow. In baseball you will lose alot and I don't go crazy after every loss, I rarely go crazy but that was a bad loss(I didn't go crazy I was just annoyed) and it bothered me a bit. I don't hold onto it, I am not worried about it today but it was a bad loss and I was annoyed at the time.
    I wasn't pointing out a typo, I thought you might be alluding to a noose, like something you hang yourself with? My mistake, sorry I misunderstood.

AAA ERA
    I wasn't pointing out a typo, I thought you might be alluding to a noose, like something you hang yourself with? My mistake, sorry I misunderstood.
    The sad thing is I picture you at your computer laughing hysterically at these lame jokes.

AAA ERA
    Last time I apologize to you. At least you're not bitter.

AAA ERA
    Last time I apologize to you. At least you're not bitter.
    if it was a sincere apology I'd accept it and move on but you said I called out someone named "MNoose". i'm willing to move on from this nonsense, let's see how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12