Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yanks vs. Boston 5/9-11

AAA ERA

Yankees Yanks vs. Boston 5/9-11

That was an ugly start to the 3 game set. Randy Johnson pitched like he has most of this year and ARod was typical ARod against Boston. Now we face Schilling and Wakefield the next 2 days, hopefully we can bounce back tonight w/ Mussin against Schilling.

Nice showing for us at home. Great work. Randy Johnson is just unbearable to watch pitch at this point. I don't understand it, especially with the way his spring training went. If he can't come up big we are in huge trouble. And to think Mike Mussina is our most reliable pitcher right now is even more disturbing.

I am going to be sick....
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

A-Rod strikes again ! LOL

Why do i have the feeling that Cashman was on the phone with Clemens' agent in about the 4th inning ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

AAA ERA
    Never blame your defense. Have any of you ever actually played baseball?

EDIT:
    One more thing to add: I hope this game, if nothing else, serves as the referendum on Aaron Small-Ten-and-oh-last-year. He's nothing more than a serviceable AAA spot starter. I hope Joe keeps him in this mop up role he gets sent back down.

By the way, did Mitchell Kay remind you enough that Aaron Small-Ten-and-oh-last-year put up a 10-0 record last year?

A Boston Red Sox beat writer posted this to me this morning and i believe it.:

Johnson is hurt. I'm a pitcher, I can see it in his mechanics. He's not opening up his shoulder. Case in point on two of the pitches that flew to the back stop. They were 93 and 92 mph, he was really trying to get something into them. His shoulder didn't open and he couldn't control where they went. There is something physically not right with him
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

MLB ERA
    If he is hurt than he needs to get the problem fixed. You don't want him to make it worse. I don't know why players play hurt.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    Never blame your defense. Have any of you ever actually played baseball?

EDIT:
    One more thing to add: I hope this game, if nothing else, serves as the referendum on Aaron Small-Ten-and-oh-last-year. He's nothing more than a serviceable AAA spot starter. I hope Joe keeps him in this mop up role he gets sent back down.

By the way, did Mitchell Kay remind you enough that Aaron Small-Ten-and-oh-last-year put up a 10-0 record last year?
    Randy was awful and gets a bulk of the balme but why is it you can never have any harsh words for ARod when all he does is fail in big spots? You make excuse after excuse for the guy and he has been an embarrassment for us in big spots.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by yhova
    A Boston Red Sox beat writer posted this to me this morning and i believe it.:

Johnson is hurt. I'm a pitcher, I can see it in his mechanics. He's not opening up his shoulder. Case in point on two of the pitches that flew to the back stop. They were 93 and 92 mph, he was really trying to get something into them. His shoulder didn't open and he couldn't control where they went. There is something physically not right with him
    That makes a lot of sense and I don't doubt its the case. I can only hope for the Yankees sake that if he is in fact broken, that he's not too proud and too stubborn to say, "It hurts. I'm not right. I need time."

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Randy was awful and gets a bulk of the balme but why is it you can never have any harsh words for ARod when all he does is fail in big spots? You make excuse after excuse for the guy and he has been an embarrassment for us in big spots.
    I think you kind of answered your own question in your first ten words. A-Rod clearly laid an egg last night. I'm not making an excuse; Errors happen and Alex would be the first to tell you that. What I'm not going to do is pile on him. You're infatuated with Alex. Let me re-iterate. This team doesn't begin and end with Alex Rodriguez. The 2006 Yankees are going to go as far as the starting pitching will take them. What was the wrench in the gears for the Yanks last night? Starting Pitching, not A-Rod. Correspondingly, the Sox starter kept the Yanks from getting into their vulnerable middle relief pitchers.

This is not rocket science. In fact, it should go with out saying that if your starter doesn't keep you in the ball game, your going to lose 9 out of 10. Now, if Alex makes that error in the top of ninth with the score tied then I see your point. But b!tching and moaning about Alex wearing a laser to third that took a nasty hop in an 11-2 ballgame is just sour grapes.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmark6
    I think you kind of answered your own question in your first ten words. A-Rod clearly laid an egg last night. I'm not making an excuse; Errors happen and Alex would be the first to tell you that. What I'm not going to do is pile on him. You're infatuated with Alex. Let me re-iterate. This team doesn't begin and end with Alex Rodriguez. The 2006 Yankees are going to go as far as the starting pitching will take them. What was the wrench in the gears for the Yanks last night? Starting Pitching, not A-Rod. Correspondingly, the Sox starter kept the Yanks from getting into their vulnerable middle relief pitchers.

This is not rocket science. In fact, it should go with out saying that if your starter doesn't keep you in the ball game, your going to lose 9 out of 10. Now, if Alex makes that error in the top of ninth with the score tied then I see your point. But b!tching and moaning about Alex wearing a laser to third that took a nasty hop in an 11-2 ballgame is just sour grapes.
    Again it was mostly Randy's fault but if ARod makes the play in the 3rd that saves 3 runs and his 2nd error saved 2 more runs. The game is very different going into the 4th 2-0 up instead of down 3-2, right? The man cannot play in big games and this game isn't even that big being a May game but he sees that Sox uni and buckles under the pressure. I'm tired of the excuses "he tries too hard", that's nonsense. The man is NOT a clutch player and TRULY great players deliver when their teams need them most.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    **** arod... scott proctor for 3rd base !

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I'm tired of the excuses "he tries too hard", that's nonsense. The man is NOT a clutch player and TRULY great players deliver when their teams need them most.
    Who ever said "he tries too hard?" I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy left that has A-Rod's back. Even President Bush thinks the media is giving him a hard time.

Pretty clutch go-ahead homer in the 5th last night off Schilling. Every time you start whining, Alex knocks in a game winner. Speaking of clutch, Scott Proctor shutting Manny down in the 7th, and throwing a dominant 8th.

I am so thrilled with this win. Any time we thrash mighty mouth around for 3 homers and win i get excited. Little Curtie was hot last night. The umpire missed calls for both sides. If you watched Ortiz' homer in the first he actually should've been called out on strikes before he got a chance to hit that homer. Neither pitcher got the "black" of the plate. That's fine with me as long its consistent though, which it seemed to be.

Mike Mussina did pretty well tonight. 6-1 and a 2 ERA is highly impressing me at his age right now. He came up big and kept us in the game.
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast