Thread: Pedro out of the All - Star game!

Rookie ERA

Pedro out of the All - Star game!

It was a shocker to the Mets fans when Pedro Martinez announced he is not participating in the 2005 All-Star game.

Pedro is going back home to visit is familly in the DR. This has been around the 2nd time Pedro has not gone to the All-Star game.

Actually this is not a bad thing. Pedro is going to get some rest, and come back dominiating the 2nd half.

AA ERA
    Good move for him. ASG is a joke and family is more important. Will open up a spot for another deserving player too.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Bad decision for Pedro. Stop skipping these allstar games.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    Family is more important but don't other players have families? The fact is the fans (no matter how ignorant some are) pay for these giant contracts like the one Pedro has. I can sympathize with him wanting to visit his family but it seems like this will be something Pedro will continue to do.

AA ERA
    His family is in the Dominican Republic so I'm sure he sees them a lot less than other players who's family usually lives in the USA. Also, I'd rather see players who really want to play.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Well, it's not like he isn't getting into the Hall of Fame because of a couple of missed ASGs. He gets a few days rest and relaxation, and can come back in better condition then when he left. For an older pitcher with shoulder issues, that's a pretty important thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Rookie ERA
    The ASG shouldn't mean anything. If not for Dumbo Selig thinking it's such a great idea to put homefield advantage on the ASG, no one would care.
    GO METS!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Whine of the Week

So Pedro decided he wouldn’t go to Detroit. It wasn’t important to him, he said.

The problem is, it’s important to the team that’s paying him handsomely, to all the Dominicans who idolize him and to the game that made him important. People want to see the stars at the game, and it wouldn’t hurt him to go, to be introduced, to wave to the crowd, to fly the Mets’ colors on the game’s big stage.