Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Krod Talks Trash

MLB ERA

Re: Now Krod Talks Trash

I guess, I just feel like if you're predicting your own victory, you're saying indirectly that you think you're better than the Phillies....thereby, in my mind, being essentially a very similar claim to being "the team to beat".

MLB ERA

Also, in 2007, when Rollins made his dumb claim of the Phillies being the team to beat, I disagreed with that based on the fact that they weren't. The Mets were the team to beat, the Phillies just beat us. I agree that K-rod should not have said that the Mets are the team to beat, obviously, but I don't think it's THAT much worse than what Rollins said.

MLB ERA

Trust me, it's worse. Rollins' was bad because yes, he wasn't the team to beat. But it was at least a LITTLE more disputable because this year the Phillies won the World Series, which is like the BEST determination of who the team to beat is.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How can you not see the difference?

"We're the team to beat" suggests that the Phillies have to go through NY to win the division crown when it is completely the opposite.

"We are going to win" suggests that no matter what it takes they are going to win, even if they have to go through Philly to do it.

MLB ERA

I would agree with that. I'm not saying K-rod was right, I'm not even saying it wasn't worse than Rollins....but I don't think its the worst thing ever said. It's slightly worse than Rollins, but not as bad as people are sure to make it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No one is saying it was the worst thing ever spoken, it was just flat out retarded and inaccurate.

MLB ERA

From Peter Abraham:
    Francisco Rodriguez proved what a good fit he’ll be with the Mets by declaring they’re the team to beat. Just what the cockiest team in the game needed, another cocky player. I’m sure the Phillies will be thrilled to see K-Rod point to sky and scream every time he gets three easy outs in a 7-4 game. Mariano Rivera should hold a deportment school for closers.

The Mets probably lose five games a year because the other teams in their division can’t stand them.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Dear K Rod,

Shut the **** up.

Win and you can talk.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    From Peter Abraham:

See, this is the kind of shit that I hate reading about. Who gives a flying **** whether the teams in your division like you or not. It's about winning god damn games, and with the team the Mets have, they are very capable of doing that. Hopefully they will win more than the Phillies do, however, if you expect me to believe that the Phillies being mad about the Mets' celebrating is the difference between winning and losing.....if you're telling me the Phillies or Marlins or whoever need that as motivation....if they aren't motivated just by the fact that the Mets are a good team, and they wanna beat good teams....then something is majorly wrong here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12