Thread: LJshorty's Mets Season

MLB ERA

Mets LJshorty's Mets Season

Well, if Dry can do something like this, why can't I.

Overall Record: 10-6

May 11 vs. Cincinnati Reds (W 8-3)- Beltran and Church HR, Perez good. Mother's Day.
    May 15 vs. Washington Nationals (L 1-0)- Pelfrey dominant, near no-no, Ugly ending that I predicted sarcastically).
    May 18 @ New York Yankees (W 11-2)- Mets fans dominate the Stadium in the Bronx, Delgado's HR that wasn't, Perez dominant.
    May 27 vs. Florida Marlins (W 5-3)- Tatis and Castro each drive in a pair
    May 29 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (W 8-4)- Wright hits 2 HR, Mets light up Penny.
    May 30 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (L 9-5)-Castillo HR, Heilman blows the lead, just like 55,000 Mets fans predicted.
    June 10 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (L 9-5)- Billy Wagner helps put tarp on during rain delay...Bullpen blows lead afterwards.
    June 23 vs. Seattle Mariners (L 5-2)- Felix Hernandez Grand Slam. Ugh.6-
    June 27 vs. New York Yankees (L 9-0)- Pedro sucks, Ponson escapes danger. Ugh again.
    July 8 vs. San Francisco Giants (W 7-0)- Lincecum gives up HR to Beltran and Delgado. Pelfrey pitches well. Win streak hits 4.
    July 11 vs. Colorado Rockies (W 2-1)- Easley GW Homerun in the 8th. Perez pitches well. Win streak hits 7.
    July 13 vs. Colorado Rockies (W 7-0)- Beltran 3 Run HR, Pelfrey solid outing. 9 Game win streak going into the break!
    July 23 vs. Philadelphia Phillies (W 6-3)- Good start from Maine, Tie Breaking 3 Run SHOT from Jose Reyes. Wagner returns. I made fun of Phillies fans sitting next to me.
    July 25 vs. St. Louis Cardinals (W 7-2)- Delgado and both Reyes' lead the offense, Pelfrey dominates. Pujols goes 0-5.
    July 26 vs. St. Louis Cardinals (L 10-8...14 Innings)- No one wanted to win this game. Brandon Knight's first start. Joe Smith sucked. Iffy strike zone. UGH.
    August 5 vs. San Diego Padres (W 6-5)- Brief Wrapup- Fernando Tatis: 2 HR, Curtain Call, MVP. Aaron Heilman sucks.
    August 21 vs. Atlanta Braves

All Time Record (when I go to the game): 84-61

MLB ERA

Re: LJshorty's Mets Season

7-5?

That's weak.

MLB ERA

Haha, I know. I'm actually at 81-60 all time. Considering that that includes 2000-present(mostly some BAD years), I'd say that's pretty solid.

MLB ERA

Wow, I got tickets to tonights game basically at the last minute, and had an awesome time. Brownie and I got to laugh at some drunks threatening to burn a Pujols jersey. And we also discussed how upset we thought Reefer would be.

And I love the personal 5 game winning streak!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

That game was all good luck from me
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ewwwww Brownie, how could you root for the Mets? Have you no shame.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I went to the game, stayed neutral though for the most part
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Tonight's game was painful. I predicted a loss, knowing Brandon Knight was on the mound, but they hit well enough to win. Problem was Joe Smith got one of his slow rollers that just are unplayable, followed by a couple singles, and put us in a hole. We fought back again, but left too many runners on in extra innings. Heilman went 60 pitches, very good effort from him....but why not intentionally walk Pujols in the 14th?

MLB ERA

Nice game tonight. Mediocre hitting(Outside of Fernando Tatis), but a good start by Pelfrey who went 6.2 innings, 2 runs. Tatis hit 2 HR, the first a solo shot to tie the game at 1, then a 3 run shot to give us a 4-2 lead. The bullpen was good until Heilman, who made a 6-2 lead into a 6-5 scare. But we held on. Yay!