Thread: Alou Could Be Done

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mets Alou Could Be Done

Interim Mets manager Jerry Manuel says Moises Alou might not return to the Mets this season, and could decide to retire at age 41.
    Manuel was basing his assertion on Alou's one at-bat return from the disabled list earlier this month and the fatigue of rehabbing future injuries. "I think he's determined to get back [this season]," Manuel said. "I do believe that if this happens in the fashion that it happened before, I think he'll have some serious problems, and he'll head to the house." Probably not until after the season, so as not to forfeit the rest of his $4 million salary.
    It wasn't a smart move to even bring this guy back due to his unreliability but did want Moises to end it on his own terms. I personally don't think we have seen the last of him this year but it would not surprise me at all to see him hang it up. Retiring with a .303 lifetime BA and 332 homeruns is nothing to feel bad about. The 1994 strike could have possibly cost him his only MVP. Let's hope he can come back, piss on his hands and help propel the Mets to the postseason. Then he can buy Steve Bartman a house!!

MLB ERA

Re: Alou Could Be Done

Maybe Manuel should let his players speak for themselves when talking about retirement.....
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

I didn't get the sense that's what Manuel meant. It sounded to me like he simply meant that the team can't afford to bank on his return. The team should assume he's done for the year, and if he comes back, it's gravy

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I didn't get the sense that's what Manuel meant. It sounded to me like he simply meant that the team can't afford to bank on his return. The team should assume he's done for the year, and if he comes back, it's gravy
    the smart thing, really.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

It is, even though I have a feeling that he will try to come back at least once more. But if the team can BE FRIGGIN CONSISTENT without him, they can only benefit by assuming his absence.