Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Bold Prediction

MLB ERA

Re: A Bold Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    I still don't blame him one bit, but it's time for him to go.
    Please explain that one to me. Sounds like another case of "it's not his fault, but somebody's gotta take the blame, so the manager gets fired" bullshit that professional sports is obsessed with. I hate that. Give me a good reason to fire him or don't fire him.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

It's not his fault at all. However, with the team he was given, he can't make it work. Since it's not logical to get rid of 21 of the players, he has to go to make way for a coach who can work with this team. He is a good manager for a young, energetic team that wants to learn, not for a team of veterans looking for another paycheck, and maybe they thought a last shot at a ring.

Come on dude, you know I backed Willie forever. I don't agree with firing for the sake of firing.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    It's not his fault at all. However, with the team he was given, he can't make it work. Since it's not logical to get rid of 21 of the players, he has to go to make way for a coach who can work with this team. He is a good manager for a young, energetic team that wants to learn, not for a team of veterans looking for another paycheck, and maybe they thought a last shot at a ring.

Come on dude, you know I backed Willie forever. I don't agree with firing for the sake of firing.
    So then if you don't agree with firing for the sake of firing, but it's not his fault, how is it that he can't make it work with the team he's given but someone else can?

If it's not his fault, don't fire him.
    If it is his fault, I.E. he doesn't fit with the team, then say that. Because if it's not his fault, but he can't make it work with the team he's given, then clearly no one else is gonna do any better. Make up your mind here man

MLB ERA

It's not his fault. He didn't make the trades and signings to get the ill formed team. He was put in, the team was built around, and it wasn't built to meet his needs. No fault, simply lack of collaboration between Randolph and Minaya. Now, Randolph has to go, so he can save his own managerial career and so the Mets can improve under a manager who knows how to work with vets

MLB ERA

so then it IS randolph's fault for not gelling with minaya and not being able to work with vets

MLB ERA

Not really. Randolph is a young manager, and they typically do better with young teams, because as a learning manager, you start off as more of a teacher, and move forward from there. Usually, veterans don't feel they have too much to learn. Willie was put in a bad position, because much of the team(Beltran, Reyes, Wright, Pedro, Wagner, Pelfrey, Endy, Marlon Anderson, Castro, Heilman, Sanchez, Feliciano, etc) was already in place when he got here.

MLB ERA

Well, I'd like to apologize, I was wrong. They won their 80 games. Now it's time to remember that the last 6 games count, and we can't afford to choke again...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234