Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willie Randolph is a dumb shit

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Willie Randolph is a dumb shit

Someone new or someone not recycled as much. Teams have got to stop tapping into ESPN's analyst pool. There's a reason why they're on Baseball Tonight and not managing.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Larry Bowa is a very good manager who knows the game and will light a fire under his team's ass when necessary, something Randolph simply fails at doing. Although I really really like Randolph, no one can be good at everything. However, I think Willie's knowledge of the game and strategy is unparalleled
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

His shtick didn't work well with the phillies. He makes a good bench coach/base coach/assistant type. But not as a head manager.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I don't know. I don't love Bowa, simply because I don't know if he will be able to properly manage these guys. I think the better choice would be either Bench Coach Jerry Manuel(already has a rapport with the players), or maybe give a shot to Gary Carter who I believe is managing in the Mets minor league system. But I don't know if those guys are right either. Maybe if Willie wants, he can stay on as bench coach if they promote Jerry Manuel, but I don't know what to do right now.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    I definitely didn't condone what Randolph said, I just merely said that O'Connor is an idiot for publishing that. He pretty much tarnished his career.
    Wrong.

It was never established that the conversation was off the record, and Willie doesn't seem to particularly care about it.

Larry Bowa is a very good manager who knows the game and will light a fire under his team's ass when necessary, something Randolph simply fails at doing. Although I really really like Randolph, no one can be good at everything. However, I think Willie's knowledge of the game and strategy is unparalleled
    I have so many things to disagree with in this little blurb, I won't waste my time.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Actually, according to Willie it was an off the record chat. He didn't say that it was specifically stated as off the record, but that had reportedly had many off the record chats in which the record was not blatantly stated. It's something that the guy should have known to publish, because he will probably not get much info from this organization ever again.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Wrong.

It was never established that the conversation was off the record, and Willie doesn't seem to particularly care about it.
    A good reporter has a good enough rapport with his contacts (and it was stated that Willie and this guy were good friends) that he should know what off and on the record stuff is. You shouldn't have to state every time you talk to someone if it's on or off the record. Pedro Gomez said it himself, clearly you weren't listening at that one.

MLB ERA

You all miss the point.

He's doing some classic NY managing.

"Focus on me so that my players can work out of their slumps...then they do, and everyone forgets that I was ever on the 'Hot Seat' in the first place"

How is no one realizing this?

MLB ERA

At least your manager isnt Dusty Baker. Guys thicker than a dang Redwood tree.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

A good reporter has a good enough rapport with his contacts (and it was stated that Willie and this guy were good friends) that he should know what off and on the record stuff is. You shouldn't have to state every time you talk to someone if it's on or off the record. Pedro Gomez said it himself, clearly you weren't listening at that one.
    Clearly I was, and IMO Randolph is just using this off the record BS to save his ass.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

if its not off the record, then it is up to the discretion of the reporter. There is no "understood" that it was off the record. Its just not the smart play. The number one rule in sources and all that is to make damned sure its off the record.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    if its not off the record, then it is up to the discretion of the reporter. There is no "understood" that it was off the record. Its just not the smart play. The number one rule in sources and all that is to make damned sure its off the record.
    This may be true, but I'm going to take the word of Pedro Gomez more than you Rockin, sorry. No offense.

MLB ERA

Maybe it wasn't off the record, maybe it was. I'll never know. But what I do know is that Ian O'Connor probably won't get too much info from the Mets organization. In that regard, he's made his life much more difficult.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

This may be true, but I'm going to take the word of Pedro Gomez more than you Rockin, sorry. No offense.
    be my guest, i couldnt give a rats ass. The point is, in that line of work (or any line really), protecting number 1 is most important. by not explicitly stating it as such, thats not looking out for number 1.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Why don't you ask Pedro Gomez about this situation before you assume what he would believe here?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast