Thread: Twins sign two players today!!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins sign two players today!!!

here is the article from the star tribune. Seems like Batista will work. He hit well in the majors then went to Japan for some reason. He Put up good numbers while there. Also the story says the Twins are still after Hank Blalock, then Batista would be the everyday DH. Good move I think.

here is the artice...

La Velle E. Neal III, Star Tribune

Last update: December 15, 2005 at 3:58 PM

The Twins added a new third baseman — or designated hitter —on Thursday when they signed free agent and former All-Star Tony Batista to a one-year contract.

Batista, 32, spent last season with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks of the Japanese Leagues, batting .263 with 27 homers and 90 RBI.

Batista can play third base but could move to DH if the Twins trade for a third baseman. They remain interested in Texas third baseman Hank Blalock.

Batista hit 41 homers and drove in 114 runs for Toronto in 2000. Before going to Japan, Batista batted .241 with 32 homers and 110 RBI for Montreal in 2004.

The Twins also signed catcher Shawn Wooten to a minor league deal with an invitation to major league spring training camp.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He must have followed the money to Japan. Or really liked sushi.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    There's a reason he went to Japan in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    yeah that may be. But he can hit homers! In the metrodome he could be huge. If all works out we get Blalock we are set. Bastista dh blalock 3rd Castillo 2nd Morneau 1st bartlett ss Mauer Catcher, This team would be good. Hunter Stewart and Kubel or Jones if he returns would be a very good team.

Pitching we have. Mays is gone Baker should get the job. Santana,Baker, Liriano, Silva and Radke. Very nice starting rotation. With more great specs in the minors this team would be great.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

potential Lineup....

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    yeah that may be. But he can hit homers! In the metrodome he could be huge. If all works out we get Blalock we are set. Bastista dh blalock 3rd Castillo 2nd Morneau 1st bartlett ss Mauer Catcher. Hunter Stewart and Kubel or Jones in the Outfield. Makes a real good club.

Pitching we have. Mays is gone Baker should get the job. Santana,Baker, Liriano, Silva and Radke. Very nice starting rotation. With more great specs in the minors this team would be great.

KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Think Vinny Castilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Vinny really never provided much power away from Colorado, even though his defense was decent. Batista has shown good power in Arizona, Toronto and Montreal. But the power is all the twins better expect, since Batista has a career OBP under .300 and his strikeouts almost triple his walks.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    i am thinking the dome will help him out. the baggie in right will make it fun for him hitting. I do think Blalock will be a Twins very soon, so we dh Batista. Blalock to 3rd. All issues solved.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bautista got a 2 year, 15 million dollar deal last year from Japan. There was no chance he'd more than he got this year in the Majors. You can't blame the guy for taking 7.5 mill a year over 1.

MLB ERA
    Witon there was a buyout of his contract. He wanted to be back in the usa to play baseball.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL