Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silva and Morneau's injury update

Rookie ERA
    Morneau...

activated.

Can't wait to see him on the highlights and I hope he rips it up for you guys.

AA ERA
    Justin will be playing tonight.

I am so happy he is here. Our offense has been scuffling and having him there will help. We could have used him against She-ca-go this week especially with the bases loaded.

Carlos Silva will be here as he is starting tonight.

Rookie ERA
    I'm looking forward to having the team back in place! We all know what they are capable of we just didn't get to see too much since opening day.

Justin is a tough kid - he's a hockey player for God's sake! He'll be just fine - he'll just have to get into the groove playing everyday and the Twins will be AOK.

I'm looking forward to Carlos pitching - he is so intense! I hear he's been studying Brad's calm nature (no more throwing final out balls into the upper deck I suppose!!) and his daily routine. I hope he doesn't lose too much of his fiery aura - that's what makes him fun to watch.

I met Mike Maroth over the winter and he's a great kid - lives here in Central Florida (went to school at UCF) so it is tough for me to root against him. I told him I only do so when he's pitching against the Twins. But let's go Chief (Silva)!!!

Let's go Twins. Have a great weekend everybody.

AA ERA
    Carlos is so intense that he actually threw the game ball in the stands last year after beating the Angels at the Dome. Gardy was furious after the game and he let him know about it. I am glad Carlos is intense. I never thought he was from his demeanor in the mound. He seemed calmed. I did not know he was that intense till his start against the Mariners this year.

I have lot of respect for Maroth for the way he handled himself after a rough year couple of years ago. He pitched through it and he did the best he could. He is a solid pitcher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12