Thread: top free agents twins looking at for next season...

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

top free agents twins looking at for next season...

5 free agents who could help Twins
    October 3, 2005 TWIN1003.FREEAGENT
    Here are five free-agent offensive players who could help the Twins. The free-agent market is considered thin, but it could get a boost from players who aren't tendered contracts during the offseason.

La Velle E. Neal III

• Mike Piazza, C (Mets): If he switches leagues and is a DH-1B-emergency catcher, could the Twins get a couple of big seasons out of him?

• Brian Giles, OF (Padres): Career on-base percentage is .413. He might prefer to stay in his native California, and in the National League.

• Paul Konerko, 1B (White Sox): Can Chicago re-sign him? Team payroll could shoot past $80 million next season.

• Bill Mueller, 3B (Red Sox): Subject of Twins trade rumors in July. A polished hitter and good clubhouse guy.

• Kevin Millar, 1B (Red Sox): Twins tried to trade for him, too, feeling his quality at-bats could help the team.

They may work. Would love to see Konerko and millar here. Good team players will help in areas we need help in. What do you guys think, who would you want the Twins to get.

Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The question really is, can the twins afford a Konerko and will they even try for a Konerko?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Alot of those guys seen out of price range for the Twins.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Only guy you could afford is Millar.

Heard Soriano may be heading to Twins still. Any chance of that happening?

MLB ERA

Twins

Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    Heard Soriano may be heading to Twins still. Any chance of that happening?
    I'd still like to see this one!

Mueller and Millar would be decent if not great additions. If I were the Twins, I'd be sticking with Morneau at 1B, Millar simply isn't worth it if you're looking to upgrade. Mueller has a hot/cold tendancy over long stretches of time. For a while, it seems he'd hit anything for a single with the bases loaded, then he couldn't do anything.

Giles would be a fantastic addition as long as he's not too (read, 8 digits) expensive, although the Twins may not be able to afford it.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Giles is likely out of the question. He is already talking another deal with the Pads. Also look for the Cards to go after him hard as Walker will retire and Giles is a St. Louis type player. Mueller would give great defense and a solid bat for cheap. If Mueller was a Twin this year, he would have been your best hitter. Resign Jones and get Mueller to go along with Hunter, Stewart and Mauer and get a real second baseman. Someone like Grudz or Walker would be in the price range.

MLB ERA
    Sounds about right, but we still need 1 power hitter that can hit between Morneau and Hunter or mauer and hunter and have Morneau hit behind hunter. We have a good group of hitters just need to resign Jones and Hunter needs to be healthy. Get a good free agent and a power hitter dh and this team is set. We have all the pitching.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I wouldn't put hunter ahead of hardly anyone in our lineup. His ability to hit 25 HRs is outweighed by the fact that he can't bat his weight. I would never put hunter higher than 6th in the rotation anymore. He's a great fielder and a shitty offensive player. Even his abilty to run around the bases is far outweighed (in my eyes) by his lack of bat.

MLB ERA

Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    I wouldn't put hunter ahead of hardly anyone in our lineup. His ability to hit 25 HRs is outweighed by the fact that he can't bat his weight. I would never put hunter higher than 6th in the rotation anymore. He's a great fielder and a shitty offensive player. Even his abilty to run around the bases is far outweighed (in my eyes) by his lack of bat.

Well Hunter is a descent player. I would not want him to leave to say the Yankees. We dont have anything in the minors! Or do we? He is a leader of the team. We have all the pitching maybe move Baker and get a good hitting of?

What do you think? Been awhile since you been around. Hope to talk with you.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    See payroll should be no concern to Polad and the Twins. Polad runs the club as a business and wants to keep spending down. If this changes watch out Twins will win it all.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL