Thread: Twins @ Detroit (5th game in the series) 7/24

MLB ERA

Twins @ Detroit (5th game in the series) 7/24

Well, the Twinks stunk it up today (again) in the most average division in baseball, losing the rubber match to Detroit 5-2. Lohse lasted only 5 innings giving up 11 hits and 5 runs. Hard to come back from that.

So, what does this game do for the worst division in baseball? Well let's look at the numbers:

Chicago is 64-33 (best in MLB). Of course how many of those wins are against the sappy and crappy ALC? A lot. I know they havn't done terribly great against the west or the east (at last check). We now have 4 teams at or above 500. Twins being 11.5 GB the Sox, Indians 14 games back and Tigers 15.5 games back. I dont' see how we could win this division. Yes, at times I waiver that with a slew of games left vs the Sox yet this year, the Twins could pull it out and gain a LOT of ground with some wins, but they can't be anyone on a regular basis. THey are so non-dominant, it's painful.

*sigh*

Rookie ERA
    This was a very disappointing loss for the Twins. What is it going to take to shake them up and get them to play the game they have the potential to play??!!?? So far I'm not real happy with the Bret Boone experiment. Luis Rivas played the position far better with less errors.

The Twins need a big bat to bring off the bench to capitalize with the RISP. They can't keep losing one, two run games like this.

The big test is coming this week at the Stadium in NYC.

Let's go Twins.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Rivas could not hit. Not many guys are right now. I hope there is some deal in the works. If not the season is just abut over for us. This slump is going on way to long. Why can't they get out of it? Wish they make a manager change. fire Gardy and Ulger get some new blood in here to shake things up.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    Getting rid of the managers is a rash decision at this point. They are doing all they can to get a team on the field to produce but nearly everyone is in a slump at the same time. That doesn't always happen but it has and the Twins just have to work through it. It certainly is frustrating but it isn't the managers fault.

Rivas couldn't hit all the time but for the most part his defense was flawless. Can't say the same right now for Bret Boone.

MLB ERA
    I don't know if I'd get rid of Gardy and Ulleger right now either, but it couldn't hurt (assuming they brought in the right guy). What we have now sucks. Neither of these guys should even be wearing a big league uniform. Assuming we don't make the playoffs this year, I'd can them both the day after the season ended.

MLB ERA
    That is why I say get someone in here who can get the Twins motivated to play at the level we are usedto them being at. This no run scroing has to stop. Pitching has been good. Except for Mays. Lets get the bats warmed up, or toss the managers!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Nevin vetoed the trade for ponson. Lets make a run at him? Can or would the Twins make a effort to get him? He would look real good as a Twin. We have sp that the Pads want.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL