Thread: 100 loss season?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

100 loss season?

If they keep playing the way they play lately, I say they would. They have to lose 6 more games (9 games left in 2011) to reach the milestone nobody wants to see happen. Last time was 1982, when Kent was a rookie. Before Kirby. Before 1987 and 1991 WS victories. It's a first for all young Twins fans under 28.

Can't wait till the season is finally over, it's brutal enough to make me cringe, really.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: 100 loss season?

On the bright side, the Twins will have a good draft pick.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Let's hope they use that draft pick wisely.

MLB ERA

I predict they will draft a toolsy high-schooler or a crafty college pitcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I predict they will draft a toolsy high-schooler or a crafty college pitcher.
    Exploiting a market inefficiency or just plain being cheap?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins will lose 100 games for sure. Look at today lineup. There is ONLY 2 players that are regular players playing. For the record Mauer is a pussy... He made over 23 million this season for not even a half a season played.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Hey, have you seen some rumors about Mauer possibly having symptoms that are consistent with MS? I swear I saw one somewhere on the internet but I forgot exactly which website. I ain't a doctor therefore I have absolutely no right to make a diagnosis. Just some rumors a brewin'. I guess people have plenty of time on their hands to make up crap like that.

Until then, I am seriously questioning his conditioning this past year. I think it's inexcusable, really, for any player especially at the Major level.

Also, I think the medical staff isn't doing a very good job. Look at the history. (e.g. Liriano's arm injury).

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Mauer with MS??? If this is true it explains his health issues. If you find the article on the web post the link please.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA

I had heard the MS/ALS rumors about Mauer a few months back when he was diagnosed with the bilateral leg weakness because in rare cases it can be one of the symptoms of both and some other neurologica diseases. Nothing from an actual news piece just fans and bloggers speculating.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Now that I've googled "Joe Mauer MS" and there are several message boards consisting the rumors of Joe Mauer's illness. We don't know for sure - hope it is only some simple neurological issues, nothing more serious than this. No confirmation as of yet, although that a source by the Star Tribune came close enough.

What went wrong: Knee surgery had Mauer a leg down from Day 1 | StarTribune.com

You can scroll down to the bottom of page 1.

MLB ERA

The Twins went out on a high note. Carl Pavano pitched a 5-hit shutout, winning the game 1-0 on a walk-off single by Trevor Plouffe. The team finished 63-99. Yes it was a very disappointing season, but several players showed that they seem to be ready for prime-time. Parmalee and Tosoni did very well in the last couple of weeks. Ben Revere came along very well.
    Time to turn the page on a bad year and hope that the team comes back healthy.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I'm glad we did not have our 2nd 100 losses in the franchise history. I have to say I'm really impressed by how the rookies and younger players came out and play their hearts out. Pavano was sporting a mustache tonight, which I think he should have left it on all year long as a luck charm! Shame that he did not that is why he has had bad season as a part of Twins' 2011 demise.