Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to trade Mauer, Morneau and Cuddyer.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Time to trade Mauer, Morneau and Cuddyer.

I am saying this because this team is not going to contend for many years. We placed two players on waivers and both get traded. We got nothing good for Young and whatever we get for Thome will be garbage. Smith needs to be fired on the spot and send Gardenhire and his staff at the same time. Twins need a new front office and coaching staff.

Now on too Mauer, he is our best trade piece for sure. I will say this he is still NOT healthy. How can a young guy not be able to catch for more than two days at a time? He is hurt without a doubt. So lets trade him in the off season and see what his worth is. When healthy he is very good.

Next Justin Morneau, this guy has been hurt for along time. He might now be healthy. I think we need to look at moving him as well. We need a player at first base than can play everyday. There is a kid in the minors near ready in Sano. He has the power to replace Morneau, under a cheap contract and would love a shot at playing in the majors.

Finally Micheal Cuddyer, whom I see as the face of the Twins. I doubt the way Bill Smith is that he can resign both Cuddyer and Kubel. Jason is the younger of the two and he produces when playing regularly. I know he had a foot issue but I see Kubel as our full time dh. Cuddyer I feel would get us a much needed SP and a possible catcher replacement. He might get us more depending on the bidding. I could see the Yankees go after him. He would be an upgrade over Swisher or Gardner.

Long story short is this. I see the Twins going into a full rebuild mode this off season. We need to shake things up throughout the organization. Start at the top with Bill Smith and work your way down. Clean house and get this team back too playing good baseball like the teams of our past!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Time to trade Mauer, Morneau and Cuddyer.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    We need a player at first base than can play everyday.
    James Loney!!

You said you wanted a first baseman who can play everyday. Nothing about whether he should.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well played, Mofo.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No one is going to trade for Mauer if he can't catch. Morneau would be a tough one to trade too. Just too many injuries have taken a toll on Justin. Cuddyer is gone anyway because I don't see the Twins shelling out the money.

MLB ERA

Morneau and Mauer are signed for a pile of money for many years, and they have an injury history. Better to let their value improve before even considering dealing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

One cranky season and it's time to change everything? The twins have been one of the most crippled teams this season. I wouldn't panic just yet

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Cuddyer I feel would get us a much needed SP and a possible catcher replacement. He might get us more depending on the bidding. I could see the Yankees go after him. He would be an upgrade over Swisher or Gardner. "

i doubt it. hes not that much of an upgrade over swisher, and him and gardner are completely different players.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Well Mauer in all honesty is done as a catcher. He is hurt yet again and can't catch. Did anyone see the post in the star tribune that more or less said that Mauer can not catch more than 2 games in a row. I wonder if he did not get paid like he has would things be different? I bet he would play everyday and not bitch and moan about little minor injuries. Morneau's injuries I can live with not Mauer's.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA

Mauer's value drops when he's away from behind the plate. Nobody is going to give up much to get fantastic catcher who can't play the position on a consistent basis.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mauer just needs to get in shape this offseason and I think he will be fine. Mauer and the Twins mishandled his situation this spring.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Morneau now showing signs of concussion symptoms again. Not good!!

MLB ERA

Another off-season of rest and rehab for Morneau. Hopefully, he'll be back 100% next season.
    As was said, Mauer needs to spend some time in the weight room this winter. The Twins' broadcasters have commented that he looks thin this year. He seems to have lost about 15# of muscle. When he gets that back, his power will return.
    No, it is not time to trade either of these guys. They'll both be fine.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Also, the Rockies are said to be targeting Cuddyer this off-season. They want him to play 3B for them. I think he'd do very well in Denver. I could see him hitting 35 homers there.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Morneau needs to take a hint from his hockey playing friends, and take 15mins in the "quiet room".

MLB ERA

What a difference a year makes. Agree Mauer will be fine however I think Morneau will never be the tree trunk that he used to be. He just doesn't look healthy and hasn't for a while now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast