Thread: Twins - Royals 7-10-05

AA ERA

7/10/05: Twins/Royals

Twins will finish off the first half as they avoid the ignomity of losing the series to the Royals in KC. It would behoove to see them lose this series. They ought to be ashamed of themselves for the way they have played this week and really this season.

Carlos Silva will be on the hill. Let's hope he can pitch eight strong innings today. They will need a good performance out of him.

I hope the Twins can show some spunk despite a tough loss yesterday.

Silva vs. Carassco

BTW, if you have a chance today, please watch the Future All-Star Game on ESPN. Francisco Liriano and Travis Bowyer will represent the Twins. Can't wait for Liriano

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins - Royals 7-10-05

Twins win 3-2 in 12 innings. we had 14 hit and was lucky enough to win the game. Nathan blew the save in the bottome of the 9th on a homer to Mike Sweeney his 2nd of the game. Silva pitched well only 1 run given up. We split the series with the Royals.

Boys get some time off. Hope the 2nd half will be much better than the first. We have games with Chicago to play. I hope then we can make up some ground in the standings. Chicago was behind today in the bottom of the 7th 7-5. Hope they lose se we can pick up a needed game.

Romero and crain pitched well, Crain got his first save of the year!!

Hope the Twins well during the break, get some rest and for the guys struggling it is time to pull you head out of your A**.

Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Good to see that they won (although I still don't know how they could screw up this series like they did). I'm also not sure how they could end up going 12 innings with the sappy and crappy KC squad.

Only giving up two runs is usually a good sign though. Glad to see them get a win before the break. This past week has been pretty painful as a Twins fan.

(MNTF: I'm going to merge this thread with the one steak started this morning, just so you know what happened to it).

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Lynch Steak told me he was going to be away for a week. He asked me to do the game threads. Guess I missed his. I will do the best I can I am no Steak..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Ha, no problem dude. I just figured since he had one already, to just put the two together. Anything you can do after the AS break would be cool. He told me he'd be away for the week as well.

AA ERA
    Well the Twins finish a frustrating first half with a win as they settle with a split against the Royals. Man how bad would it be to lose the series and lose the game after leading 2-1. Fortuantely, they won this game in extra innings. Good thing too because if they lost this game, this would have been the longest three days off for that team. Thank Torii's bat which distracted Teahen from getting the ball as the ball and the wood of the bat came at the same direction. Had Teahen got the ball before the wood of the bat came at his direction, he throws to first and the game would be tied. Sometimes you need luck to win games and lady luck came in today.

Great pitching duel between Carlos and D.J. Carrasco today. They both were fantastic this afternoon. What a first half Carlos has had. I hope he can keep pitching like that in the second half because they are going to need him more than ever.

The defense was huge today. L-Rod, Nicky, and Luis Rivas was simply fantastic defensively as they made three double plays in the game.

L-Rod continues his fantastic play as he drove in two runs to start the first inning. He had two hits today.

Luis Rivas had a great series against KC. We will see if he can keep it up.

Michael Ryan had a good game as he got two hits.

Justin had three hits. We will see if he can start off hot in the second half. God knows the Twins could use it. Reusse really called him out in the paper Sunday.

It's too bad Joe could not finish it out in the ninth, but Mike Sweeney is in such a zone right now as he homered to tie the game at 2 and kept in extra frames. Fortunately, Joe kept it tie at 2 and he did a great job in the tenth.

J.C. was solid in the 11th.

Congrats to Jesse in getting his first save. It was good to see Jesse do well. He needed this after a lousy outing Saturday night in which he blew the game.

Twins finish the first half of the season at 48-38. They trail the Sux by 9 games and they lead the WC race. I guess I should be happy, but it's not like I am doing cartwheels. This team could have done better. I was hoping 50 wins and the Twins had an opportunity to reach that goal had they took care of business this week against the Angels and the Royals. I was hoping the Twins would be 5 games out in the division and have a 3 or 4-game lead in the WC. That should have happened had the Twins took care of business this week.

Twins better enjoy these three days off and come out like gangbusters starting Thursday night against the Angels. Twins got a very tough second half coming up so they better be refreshed and ready to go.

I am glad the All-Star break is upon us. The Twins and most importantly, the Twins fans can use some days off. It will be good not to watch any sports for a few days. Got lot of stuff to do that I want to take care of.

I am taking some time off. I have no idea when will I be back. I know Lynch and mntwinsfan will do a great job holding the fort.

Talk to you folks next Monday. Have a great week!

Rookie ERA
    Enjoy your time off, Steak. Of course we will miss you around here but we'll make it through somehow!!!

Twins certainly needs this All Star break! Let's hope they come out fresh and strong and run through the 2nd half on fire!!

See you all after the All Star game and Steak, again, enjoy your time away and we'll chat with you then.