Thread: 7/6/05: Twins/Angels Review

AA ERA

7/6/05: Twins/Angels Review

I could live with Tuesday night's loss, but I can NOT live with Wednesday afternoon's loss. Twins had no business losing this game. They had no business out there. This is a loss that the Twins could be ruing if they miss the playoffs. Angels played like crap in this game yet the Twins found a way to blow it. Twins should have this game. I was so pissed about this loss when I watched it on MLB.TV yesterday afternoon. I was so angry last night that I could not even those ribs at Chilis. That was pathetic.

Twins should have swept KC at home last week and they should have taken the series against those Angels Wednesday. They will rue this. With a tough schedule coming up right after the All-Star Game, they could have ill-afford to lose this game. Obviously, they could not recover from this loss as they lost another stinker last night at KC.

I have no idea what is up with Johan. It's frustrating to see for sure. I never thought I would go savage him and be concerned, but this was awful. In a game that the Twins needed him the most, he did not come through. He should have a found a way to get the job done in the seventh inning. He is just getting hit hard. He is a lot better than this. I don't know what is wrong with him mechanically. Has his changeup been predictable for everyone to see? Toronto and Tampa Bay have gone out of their way to say that he is predictable. The Angels clearly did not have any fear of faching him whatsoever. I am starting to think a lot of teams have confidence facing Johan. This was simply a horrible performance. If the Twins are going to make the playoffs, they are going to need Johan to be Johan. I really hope this is just his typical first half struggle and nothing more. If that is not the case, then the Twins are screwed.

Too bad this loss ruined a great game by Mike Redmond and L-Rod (Luis Rodriguez).

I had no idea what was frustrating. Seeing Garrett Anderson hit the GW HR or him getting the tying run out in that game. I think the latter one.

This is a loss the Twins will regret and something them and the fans will talk about it come October if they miss the playoffs.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Santana should have ben pulled and the Anderson may have not hit the damn homer. Crain would have been a great matchup vs Anderson.

But what else is new Gardenhire can't call a game right for anything. Look at tonight game with radke in the 7th should have been pulled but was left in! WHY GARDY WHY??
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I can't blame Gardenhire here. Johan looked like he was going to get out of that inning. I believe he had two outs when Anderson hit that HR. Johan has been known to get out of those type of jams so Gardy rolled the dice. It burned him this time. As for Brad, he should have never pitched in the seventh inning tonight. He had no business pitching in that inning. Fortunately, Gardy went to Juan tonight and the Twins got out of it.

As for Gardy not calling the game right, that's been his achilles heel as the manager of the Twins. He can't seem to know what to do with decision making whether it was that disaster against the Angels in the ALCS or using a tired Joe Nathan in Game 2 of the ALDS or not knowing when to take his pitcher out when he is struggling. You look at Mike Scioscia. That guy can call a good game. He knows when to put his players in and he knows how to use his pitchers. Did you saw how Scioscia outmanaged Gardy in the ALCS three years ago? Scioscia is really good and you saw that last night when he somehow got five inning out of Ervin Santana and then he used the pen in the sixth inning. Scioscia knows to call a good game while Gardy just can't.