Thread: 7/5/05: Twins/Angels

AA ERA

7/5/05: Twins/Angels

Twins continue the second game of a three-game series tonight against the Angels. Twins are coming off a great win last night. I expect this game to be as good as last night. It always is when both teams play against each other since the 2002 ALCS.

I am really excited about this game tonight. Why? Because Scott Baker is pitching for the Twins. He has been touted as a guy who is going to be special for years to come. He should be in the rotation next year. I want to see him tonight. I hope he does so well. It would be nice because if Joe Mays or Kyle Lohse falters, Twins could use Scott as the replacement. This is a big start. If he falters, oh well, but it would be really nice to see him do well. He would be a shot in the arm for the Twins. I really am excited to see him. I hope he puts on a great show.

Baker vs. Ervin Santana

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Baker looks good so far. 1 hit given up 1 run on a ground out. Most inport 2 k's. Tied at 1 top of the 3rd.

Oh Mauer drove in Stewart to give us our first run of the night.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Who's spot in the rotation did Baker replace?

Rookie ERA
    Baker filled in for Radke while he had his neck evaluated. It appears Radke will start on Friday in Lohse's spot.

MLB ERA
    What do everyone think of Bakers performance last night. I thought he made a good impression. Hopefully he can stay up with the club. 2 runs and one was a cheap run. I think he could not have done much better.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I just finished watching Tuesday's game. Sorry for not giving a take on this game. My brother is going to be home for awhile as he is visiting me and the rest of my family for a month so he is going to be using the computer a lot. Personally, it's a great thing only because I can do some studying on computers. I am looking for a clerical job or receptionist job so I have to brush up on working with Excel, Access, and Word. I want to make sure I am ready to learn this stuff before I can enter into a new job. I am currently looking for work hence why I need to study some computer software.

Anyway enough of that. Let's get to the game. Tough loss Tuesday night. Twins should have blown this game away early in the first inning. I believe they had the bases loaded in that first inning, but they did not cash in. That was the difference in this game. After the Twins fail in the first inning (yeah they got a run, but they should have gotten more), Ervin Santana settled down. He pitched five good innings. Then Scioscia wisely used his bullpen to shut down the Twins. That was it.

I thought Shannon and Torii was fantastic out there. They had a good game.

As for Scott Baker, that was a great performance. I am very pleased. I am so proud of him. He did a great job. Angels announcers were raving about him. This was something he can feel very good about. Yeah he gave up that meatball to Bengi Molina, but he pitched his tail off as Gardy would say. He also got out of jams. Very efficient. I felt so good about his performance. He should feel real good about his outing. I hope he can get one more start before the All-Star break.

TM was fantastic out there. He was clutch out there. It's too bad that TM and Baker were not rewarded for their fine work. Oh and it was a nice gesture of Gardy to have TM pitch in Anaheim. This is the Twins last trip over there for this season so Gardy was doing a great gesure to TM since this could be TM's last year as a Twin and probably in baseball.

MLB ERA
    the twins are terrible. They can't beat the freaking Royals. Guess that is why no Twins fan are here.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    mntwinsfan: I gotta say that I am very apathetic on the Twins at this point. Wednesday's loss sucked the life out of me. That was a BADDDDDDDDDDD loss. They had no business losing that game Wednesday. I had a feeling they would let down last night. I bet they will get swept this weekend.

This team has been a dissapointment. Bigger dissapointment than the Yankees.

MLB ERA
    Well it is not over yet. Still have several games with the whitney suxs.. When in the he** will Ryan make some moves. The time is now to get this club back to the winning ways.

If there are no moves made I see the season over. What we have now is no where good enough.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL