Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radke sucks!

MLB ERA

Radke sucks!

Ok, time for another rant on Radke. I'm just in that sort of mood right now.

Radke's numbers just this year:
    • 16 starts
    • 5 wins
    • 7 losses
    • 4.08 ERA
    • 20 Homeruns given up in 103 innings (1 every 5 innings)
    • $9M is what this extremly "Joe Average" staff "ace" is making this year.

Wow, I'm so glad he's going to spend his entire career in Twins pin-stripes.

Radke's the ace? I thought Santana was the ace...
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Out of those 20 home runs in 16 games... here's how they break down:

Game 1: (@ Seattle)
    • 7 innings (Loss)
    • 2 HRs (1st and 3rd innings)
    Game 2: (Chicago)
    • 6.1 innings (Loss)
    • 2 HRs (1st and 7th innings)
    Game 3: (Detroit)
    • 6 innings (Win)
    • 0 HRs (holy crap!!! )
    Game 4: (@ Chicago)
    • 8 innings (Loss)
    • 1 HR (7th inning)
    Game 5: (@ Detroit)
    • 6.1 innings (no decision / team loss)
    • 2 HRs (1st and {*shock*} 1st inning)
    Game 6: (LA Angels)
    • 7.1 innings (win)
    • 0 HRs
    Game 7: (Cleveland)
    • 9 Innings (win)
    • 0 HRs
    Game 8: (@ Baltimore)
    • 6 Innings (no decision / team win)
    • 3 HRs (2nd, 4th and 5th innings)
    Game 9: (Texas)
    • 7 Innings (win)
    • 1 HRs (3rd inning)
    Game 10: (Milwaukee)
    • 6 Innings (loss)
    • 1 HR (1st inning)
    Game 11: (@ Cleveland)
    • 6 Innings (no decision / team win)
    • 0 HRs
    Game 12: (Cleveland)
    • 7 Innings (win)
    • 1 HR (1st inning)
    Game 13: (@ Arizona)
    • 5 Innings (no decision / team win)
    • 1 HR (5th inning)
    Game 14: (@ Dodgers)
    • 6.2 Innings (loss)
    • 4 HRs (1st, 4th, 4th, and 6th innings)
    Game 15: (San Diego)
    • 5 Innings (loss)
    • 1 HR (1st inning)
    Game 16: (@ Milwaukee)
    • 5 Innings (loss)
    • HR (2nd)
    ----

In summary (through June 24th)... Radke has given up HRs in the following innings:
    • 1st : 8 HRs (40%)
    • 2nd : 2 HRs (10%)
    • 3rd : 2 HRs (10%)
    • 4th : 3 HRs (15%)
    • 5th : 2 HRs (10%)
    • 6th : 1 HR (5%)
    • 7th : 2 HRs (10%)
    • 8th : -
    • 9th : -
    So, in other words.... 60% of his HRs given up come in the first 3 innings, 50% in the first 2 innings. Quite obviously his first inning stinks and stinks bad.

16 games, 12 decisions (5 wins / 7 losses), 20 HRs given up... 4.08 ERA. Does this look like a 9 million dollar man to you!?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Radke's the ace? I thought Santana was the ace...
    Santana SHOULD be the Ace, but for whatever brilliant reason, that dumb twat Gardenhire decided that Radke should remain the staff "ace" and put Santana, last year's most dominant pitcher in the AL (arguably all of MLB) as the #2 guy

(btw, that's just one more reason that I can't stand that dumbass Gardenhire).

AA ERA
    This whole team sucks.

I gotta admit that I am getting so apathetic towards this team to the point that I don't even care. If the Twins are like 20 games out of the division and to the point that they don't even have a prayer for the wild card, I hope they have a fire sale and dump some guys. I think it maybe time for Shannon, Torii, Jacque, and Brad to go. The Twins have not won anything with this group so let's see what the next class can do. Maybe we can see Liriano and Baker in the rotation this year. Heck they should be here now.

MLB ERA
    I decided to see if there was another pitcher in baseball who has given up as many HRs as Radke.... it didn't take me long to find former Twin, Eric Milton who's kicking ass in so many ways down in Cincy has given up 27 HRs in 16 games this year. I wonder where he learned that from!?

Radke and Milton together have given up more HRs than the entire Marlins staff (45).

Jose Lima has given up 19 HRs in 15 games, so he's basically neck and neck with Radke.
    Lieber has given up 22 Hrs in 16 games.

Hey kids..it's Limatime.

I ♥ Lima.

AA ERA
    Good thing TR traded Eric with his value high and got a very good pitcher in return.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Santana SHOULD be the Ace, but for whatever brilliant reason, that dumb twat Gardenhire decided that Radke should remain the staff "ace" and put Santana, last year's most dominant pitcher in the AL (arguably all of MLB) as the #2 guy

(btw, that's just one more reason that I can't stand that dumbass Gardenhire).
    Did you know Gardenhire never knew Johan was this good till two years ago? Johan was chomping to pitch in 2002 and in 2003 to start the season, but Gardy left him in the bullpen and he wanted him to do mopup work at the time. Fortunately, Joe Mays and Rick Reed were so bad in 2003 that Johan had to be in the rotation and the rest is history

MLB ERA
    yep, of course.

Gardendumbass is an absolute moron. not just in hindsight but simple day-to-day activities. Face it, a monkey can manage a baseball team. Especially at the pro level. How dipshit can't see anything unless it's slapping him in the face is beyond me. This team will NEVER win squat with Ron at the helm, I guarantee it.

I used to think Gardenhire was a good manager...you're convincing me otherwise.

AA ERA
    Gardenhire has his strengths and weaknesses, General. Gardy is a people manager. He tends to manage people well in which they play for him. His weakness is decision making and that's where Lynch, myself, and most Twins fans have a beef with. As you saw in Game 2 of the ALDS last year, Gardy puts Joe Nathan in the 14th inning to close the game when he was clearly out of gas. You recall when Joe labored to get out of the 13th. Joe was going to be done there, but then Torii homered to give the Twins the lead that night. Joe was going to be there to close. I was okay with it, but I had my doubts about him getting thorugh that inning. The way Joe was throwing in the 14th, you knew he was clearly done and the fans at the Stadium sensed it. Joe threw six straight balls if I recall. That was it for him. He should have left and gave way to Jesse Crain or someone. So what if someone loses. I rather see a guy with a fresh arm out there than see a guy who was done. You can't hope to get lucky by getting a Double Play. It does not work that way. If a guy does not have it, he does not have it and odds are he won't throw strikes. To get even a DP, you need to throw strikes and Joe just couldn't do that. Also I recalled in the ALCS four years ago, when Gardy was throwing out reliever after reliever in Game 3 of the ALCS in a tight game after each out just to get that "right matchup". I did not like it and he clearly played into Mike Scioscia's hands in that game. How about in LA couple of weeks ago when Gardy should have pinch hit Radke with runners and third with the Twins clinging on a lead in a tight game against the Dodgers? Radke was pitching okay, but not great. This was a great opportunity to take him out and possibly extend the lead in that game. Gardy tends to leave his starters way too long out there.

There has be other instances, but those are three big issues that clearly craws at me. Gardy now has to make a big decision. He can not let Lohse and Mays stay on in this rotation the way he let Mays and Reed be in the rotation couple of years ago. The White Sox are not going away this season. They ain't the Royals from two years ago. The Sox got veteran guys unlike the Royals that year.

Steak: I could have sworn that you defended keeping Santana in the pen when Gardenhire did it a couple of years ago.

Not to mention, I don't know how you can defend Grady Little leaving a clearly fatigued Pedro in the game when you bash Gardenhire for doing the same thing.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Well, Grady Little was an idiot after all.

AA ERA
    Fisher: I never did. I wasn't outraged at the time, but when Lohse, Reed, and Mays were struggling, I did said to go make the move.

Grady Little should have taken him out, but I did not think he should have been fired for that move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast