Thread: 6/24/05: Twins/Brewers

AA ERA

6/24/05: Twins/Brewers

Twins are coming off a lousy homestand in which they got outplayed, outsmarted, and outpitched. I think getting out of the road can help them a little bit, but the bottom line is the pitchers need to pitch better. Twins now head to Wisconsin to play the Brewers for a three-game set this weekend. This is the final series of interleague play for this year and thank God it's going to be over. Interleague play blows.

Brad is on the mound tonight. He needs to really step up and start being the pitcher he normally is. He has been awful in the last few starts. He needs to really get it going. He has been a huge part of the problem too to why the Twins starting pitchng has been bad. I really hope him having the neck surgery could solve his problems especially his first inning woes. I am crossing my fingers with him. I can't feel good with him out there.

Look for lot of Twins fans at Miller Park as it always is. I swear Twins fans outdraw the Brewers fans at Miller Park when the Twins come to Milwaukee and Wisconsities hate it which pleases me to no end. You know the Brewers will treat this weekend as their World Series so let's hope the Twins match that intensity.

I expect Grant Williams to play tonight with Michael Cuddyer scuffling and look for the blue BP jerseys tonight as you saw yesterday.

Radke vs. Capuano

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What the f*ck? Brad Radke had given up 6 walks all season going into tonight's game...and he walks 3 batters tonight alone. That's 5 of his 9 walks this year coming in his last two starts. Geez.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Also we lost again. Seems like the same old story. Except today how many freaking runners did we leave on base? Heck we should have score like 8 runs. The Soxs keep on winning. It is almost time to say the Twins are done. 10 1/2 game is alot and close to getting to much to catch the Sox.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I did not bother to watch the game last night. I was hanging out at New York City all night. I thought I would be better served enjoying my night out instead of watching the game. Good choice. I did watch bits and pieces of the game at work.

If you are into silver linings, Brad's performance was a sliver lining. I thought he did a great job. This was more like it. He was fantastic. I like how he got out of it unscathed in the first inning. I will take this outing anytime.

Too bad our offense is back to being sucky. Twins did not hit with RISP especially twice with the bases loaded. That's been the story of the Twins season. It's frustrating and tiredsome.

The ridiculous part of the game came last night when Cuddyer ran home from third. I had no idea what Newman was thinking sending him home. Cuddyer was nowhere near close to home in the second inning. That was horrible. It's stuff like this that been an illustration of the Twins problems.

Twins gotta keep grinding. At least, I feel good that Brad pitched well.