Thread: Carlos Silva has become a big-time pitcher

AA ERA

Carlos Silva has become a big-time pitcher

What a year he has had so far. I am seeing lot of growth in him this year compared to last year. For instance, I am seeing him embracing his role as a stopper. It seems now that he embraces pitching in big games and being the guy to stop the losing streaks as it showed yesterday. I believe a key component for a pitcher to be successful is to have that confidence that he will will his start. That's what I am seeing in Carlos. I am also impressed with how he is not giving in out there when he is in jams which was not the case last year. He does not seem to be flustered. He seems to embrace this situation.

In other words, he is the anti-Joe Mays and Kyle Lohse. Twins need to find more of Carlos and Johan's.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    While I like what he's done, I can't say I'd be comfortable with him pitching in a big game.

Yes, his record and ERA is impressive, but the fact that he's given up 121 hits in just over 100 innings makes me nervous. I normally wouldn't be nervous about this, but in his last two seasons his WHIP has been nearing 1.50. He may be able to get outs when he needs them, but as of right now I would not want him pitching in a big playoff game for me.

AA ERA
    Insane: I have to agree with what you said, but he is still learning how to be a starter. It's his second year. I have more faith in him than Brad for sure.