Thread: 6/22/05: Tigers/Twins

AA ERA

6/22/05: Tigers/Twins

Twins are at a point where every game is a must-win game right now. Indians and Tigers are right by the Twins in the standings. Twins are also in danger of falling to .500. They are in danger of losing another series tonight. Last night was very embrassing. It's time for them to wake up and start to producing. I am tired of saying the same old song these last few days. Enough is enough. It's time to show some heart.

Joe Mays is on notice in my opinion. He has to be. The way he is pitching is simply not getting it done. He either pitches better or go to the bullpen. He has been one of the big reasons why the Twins are in the situation they are in. I hope he starts pitching to his ability as he has shown in April and May.

Robertson vs. Mays

AA ERA
    This was a horrible performance. I thought the team quit tonight for the second night in a row. You would think they would be embrassed after last night, but tonight was even worse. Some guys went through the motions defensively and offensively. Some guys also quit tonight. Whatever it is, I am tired of it. If some guys don't want to play hard, maybe they should be traded or be released. This was very embrassing out there. This team usually play all nine innings, but these last two nights, they have just quit. That should really bother Twins fans. I know it's bothering me. Everyone who played tonight should be ashamed of themselves.

I want Joe Mays out of the starting rotation. Enough is enough. This team went as far as they could with him. He is not getting it done. He was awful as usual tonight. The third inning was really pathetic. Gardy and Terry Ryan has to be doing some brainstorming about who can step up in the rotation because it's clear Kyle Lohse and Joe Mays are not the solution.
    It's time to find someone else. I am ready to see what Scott Baker or Dave Gassner can do. If they struggle, so be it. I can live with them struggling than seeing Lohse and Mays get lit up at every start. It's time for a change.

Tonight was a waste of time. Three hours were better served doing something else at work. I can't believe I did not finish punching holes for the dittos to file on that notebook. I should have done that instead of watching a snoozefest.

Rookie ERA
    I just don't get it - where has the spunk gone? The team began to flounder when Punto went down. He puts alot of energy into his game and it bleeds to the others I do believe. Without his energy in the game, the Twins have been flat. Yes, Torii has had some stellar games but the rest of the team has been flat. Something needs to be done to shake up the offense - pitching is another subject. I'm not going to panic yet.

AA ERA
    "Twins starting pitchers haven't notched a victory since June 11. Since then, they've gone 0-6 with a 6.07 ERA. " -- Mark Sheldon at Twinsbaseball.com in yesterday's wrapup of the game.

This is the root of the problem. When the starting pitching is this bad as you are seeing, you ain't winning. That's the bottom line.

You hit the nail in the head about the spunk of this team, DG. The last two nights was disgusting. There was no spunk. They quit these two games and that's really what bothered me the most. Justin and Joe could use some personality and spunk. I don't want to pick on the M & M boys, but those two need to have some flair in their game. It seems Mauer and Morneau approach this game like milk and cookies out there. They seem too fancy. Those two need some grit in their game.

There is no need to panic, but you have to be concerned about the starting rotation. There is no way Joe Mays should be in this rotation whatsoever along with Kyle. Those two have no business there. They are not the solutions out there. Gardy and TR needs to make some moves NOW before it's way too late. Twins can't be 20 games out in the AL Central and 10 out of the Wild Card when they start making this move.

Did anyone read Reusse's article on the Twins today? That was classic. I gotta say that it's always good to hear Reusse ripping the home team when things go bad. This team deserves it.