Thread: 6/21/05: Tigers/Twins

AA ERA

6/21/05: Tigers/Twins

After a day off, the Twins go right back at it tonight as they head to Detroit to play the Tiger for a three-game series at the Dome. Here's hoping the Twins players did some soul-searching out there yesterday afternoon and here's hoping that they made the most of a mental day off to clear their mind. It's time for them to start playing baseball and start playing with a sense of urgency. Playing the Tigers is a great place to start. Tigers are a .500 team and they play the Twins tough.

It's time for the starters to start pitching better and it's time for the hitters to start playing especially Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer, who was supposed to be the power hitters, but it hasn't worked out. If anything, I have been dissapointed in the M & M boys who were compared as the Twins version of Mantle and Maris by the Twin Cities media in spring training. It's time for those two to really step up now along with the starters who are not named Johan Santana. Tonight is a great place to start.

Twins should not be worried about how far they are behind the White Sox in the standings and they should not be worried about the Wild Card standings. Twins just need to worry about themselves and play Twins baseball like they have done overall with the exception of last week.

It's time to play with an sense of urgency. Yeah it's June, but you know what, Twins could be 12 games out and they may be hard-pressed to catch up with the White Sox.

Kyle is on the hill. It would be nice of him to get back on track. His last two outings has not been good and I am already convinced we are back to seeing the Kyle Lohse that we have grown to hate.

Oh and it would be nice to beat the Tigers. I hate Dimitri Young after what he said about the Twins in April and about how it's between his team and the Indians for the AL Central.

Bonderman vs. Lohse

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    there is no damn urgency for Kyle Loshe! Or any other starter we have except for CY tana. Lohse give up 6 earned runs. And the loss I will guess to the Tigers. When it is going bad it is only getting worse. I dont understand why this team can be so terrible now, the staff sp suck. No hitting I am starting to worry about this ballclub. Where did all the good things with this team go? Oh Lohse did not get out of the 4th freaking inning. By the weekend if things dont change we will be 10+ games out and the season may as well be over and lets get ready for football. All the promise this team has and we are doing nothing with it!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I am very dissapointed and disgusted about this loss. That's all I have to say. I am tired of this garbage. Tonight was a very disgusting loss. I did not think the Twins did the little things which has been one of the reasons why the Twins stink. What I mean by little things is stealing bases at the wrong time. Why waste an out when Pudge Rodriguez is catching? You never steal of Pudge because odds are you are going to be out. You would think the Twins learn that by now considering he has been with the Tigers since last year. Not hustling was another example of not doing the little things. I thought some guys out there were going through the motions when the Tigers led 5-1. I was so turned off that I turned the game off and went outside for a walk.

I am really peeved at Kyle Lohse. I have had it with him. I am tired of him. I wish he would just go away. This guy can't even pitch in a beer league. I thought he stunk. Yeah he got out of it in the first, but it all caved in for him in the fifth inning as he just started getting hit hard. The worse indictment of him came when he was begging to leave. He just did not want to be there after the fifth. His body language said it all. Also what bothered me was when Kyle did not tip his hat or even thank Torii when Torii robbed Brandon Inge of a HR. That was a joke. I was so disgusted. Most times, pitchers would tip their hat or give thumbsup if his defensive player made a great play. Notice when the Twins starters point at Torii as a sign of Thank You. Kyle Lohse did not do that. All he did was walk to the dugout and just had that stupid freaking look of his face. That bothered me. That type of stuff could destory clubhouse chemistry right there.

I just don't think Kyle has any business being in the rotation. I had enough of him. I did not want him back in the off-season. I was hoping the Twins got something for him. He is never going to pitch to his potential and honestly, I am not sure if he wants to be successful with that lousy attitude he has. He seems too uncoachable and he never listens. I think he needs to be demoted to the pen till he gets his attitude straightened out. Personally if the Twins want to send a message to anyone, they should trade him. I am sure some team may have the idea that they can fix Kyle Lohse. The guy can has talent and he can throw strikes so that could attract people.

I have no idea what is even worse. The loss or Dimitri Young hitting a HR to break it open. Young hitting HR was like rubbing salt in the wounds.

I swear some guys on that team need a heart transplant. A great example is Kyle Lohse. He might also need a new brain

The good things of this team will come when the starters start knowing how to throw strikes and when the M & M boys start hitting.

Rookie ERA
    It was an ugly outing for Kyle. I think he needs to sit a few rotations and work on his mental game as well. He's got good stuff he just lets his emotions get the best of him. After he gives up one big hit, he's done. and that can be in the first inning. I don't know if he's putting too much pressure on himself or what but he needs to sit like they made JC do last year (not that it has helped JC any this year!!) and then bring him back after a couple missed starts. I don't know if there are any pitchers out there trade worthy to bring in but something need to be done to shake up this rotation and give the lineup something to hit for!

Let's hope this is just our pre-All Star break slump. Happens every year!

AA ERA
    I read that Gardy is harping about the hitting woes. C'mon. I think the hitting has been okay. It's time for him to start calling his pitchers out. His pitchers has done the stinking more than the hitters. I get frustrated about the team's hitting, but the pitching is the reason why the Twins are in this predicament right now. Outside of Johan and Carlos, the rest of the starters have bomb. Brad has been tough to watch. Joe Mays has been so bad that I want him to the pen. Kyle Lohse has been a joke since Day 1. Gardy should stop giving the pitchers excuses and start calling them out. They deserve it.

Some pitchers need to toughen up when it's a scoreless game or when it's a low-scoring game late in the game. You look at Jermey Bonderman, who has blossomed big time, last night. This guy worked fast and found a way to throw strikes out there. That's what Kyle should be doing. There has been too many times where he just gives in and it showed again last night.

As for Kyle, I am not sure what the Twins coaches can do. They tried to coddle him. They tried to yell at him. They tried to skip him to clear his mind. Nothing is working. It's like talking to a brick wall. TGardy and Anderson are blue in the faces with Kyle. It's gotten to the point that maybe trading him could be the best for his career. I think a team like the Braves could rejuvenate Kyle's career. Leo Mazzone can work wonders with pitchers and maybe Kyle would be better off there. It's best to get something for Kyle at this point.

If you read the Strib and the Pioneer Press today, the writers and Gardy are talking about how the Twins need some hitting. I agree on that. I also think we need to thinker the rotation a little bit.

You know what's the worse indictment of this team. This team is not fun to watch and I can just tell from the fans that go to the game. They sound bored.