Thread: Twins 2005 Draft Picks

AA ERA

Twins 2005 Draft Picks

I never had a chance to talk about the draft picks yet. but here it is. Obviously, I have no clue about these guys. I had a clue about last year's draft picks because Mark Gubicza, who used to do Minnesota Sports Tonight on FSN North, did a great job doing research on last year's picks.

I noticed the Twins first pick was a pitcher. It seems the Twins always love to draft pitchers and as the saying goes, you can never have enough pitching.

Twins also drafted Gardy's son, Toby. Obviously teams will always draft the manager's son or the GM's son as a favor. With that said, it would be cool to see Toby up one day. From what I read, he is as gritty as his dad was in his playing days with the Mets.

I am going on a limb. I bet the Twins lower draft picks be the most impact players as they always had over the years.

It's good to see most of our draft picks signed especially Matt Garza, the Twins first round draft pick. Twins do a great job signing the players immediately. The sooner they sign, the better. It helps that the Twins have nothing to do with that jagoff, Scott Boras.

Here is the link in which Mark Sheldon detailed the draft picks:

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=min

I will try to get some more info on these guys if I can.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Did you see they the Twins drafted 9 catchers. The First base kid they draft looks like the steal of the draft only 18 years old hit 13 homer in 32 games in hs ball. 6foot3 240 pounds. Potential the twins say he has alot of.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    NINE catchers!? WTF For?!

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    That's amazing. 9 catchers? Have the Twins organization thought about possibly trading half of them for some minor league pitching?

AA ERA
    Lynch: In case Joe Mauer breaks down. Sooner or later, Mauer will eventually learn how to be in third base.

Good to see you back BTW. I hope you had a great time fishing with your dad and your son.