View Poll Results: How did they do this year?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

2 16.67%
  • B

8 66.67%
  • C

1 8.33%
  • D

1 8.33%
  • F

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate the Twins' season

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Rate the Twins' season

My grade on the Twins was a D. Why you ask? They struggled down the strech. They need to win two games vs the Royals of all teams and struggled to win one game. Then we go into the one game playoff and our big hitters lay a big fat egg. The Garza deal was a mistake. Young struggled for 3/4's of the season. Gardy failed to get the team to the playoffs. Most important thing of all is Polad will not spend money on the team when it's needed most. How many times did I say we needed a power hitter at 3rd base? Polad does nothing. If you looked at the star tribune today there was a story on how Polads playroll went from 71 million two years ago to 52 million or so this season. He has made over 20 million dollars they say and he wont invest it on the team to get better players we need!

Yeah I am bashing my own club. I dont see many others doing it! Finallly if they made the playoffs I would have givin a C+. Effort was not there every night, hence why we are sitting out of the playoffs!

Hopefully next year will be our year!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Losing Garza and Santana was not smart at all but they still got to a playoff game. Can't say they did that last year with both Santana and Garza.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Losing Garza and Santana was not smart at all but they still got to a playoff game. Can't say they did that last year with both Santana and Garza.
    True story.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Garza was a sp at no cost should have been traded. He is young and a guy that has pitched well in Tampa. I do think that if we either would bring in a new pitching coach or move gardy to the front office, things would get better for the sp's. Look at Lohse a prime example of what a new pitching coach can do. Lohse got a 4 year deal out of the cardinals... Wonder why that happened. Good sp we just gave up on.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lohse sucked balls before this season and will probably uck balls toward the end of this deal. Twins lost nothing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Garza was a sp at no cost should have been traded. He is young and a guy that has pitched well in Tampa. I do think that if we either would bring in a new pitching coach or move gardy to the front office, things would get better for the sp's. Look at Lohse a prime example of what a new pitching coach can do. Lohse got a 4 year deal out of the cardinals... Wonder why that happened. Good sp we just gave up on.
    Lohse's numbers with the Twins:
    51-57, 5.19 ERA, 1.47 WHIP. He went over 200 innings pitched only once, in 2003. That was also the only year he had a record over .500, where he went 14-11.

I gave them a B....C is average, and they were above average because they required a playoff game to get to the playoffs. And they did much better than expectations.
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Interesting note: the club scored 829 runs this year...3rd most in franchise history. They accomplished this by hitting only 111 home runs (fewest in American League)
    -Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12