Thread: 6/12/05: Twins/Dodgers

AA ERA

6/12/05: Twins/Dodgers

Twins and the Dodgers play the rubber game of a three-game series this afternoon at Chavez Ravine. This series has been darn good this weekend. The two games have been close to the wire. I am sure it will be the same today. It would be nice to take a series against a very good team.

Brad will be on the mound today. Let's see if he can avoid the HR bugaboo in the first and let's see if he can be scoreless in the first inning. He can't be any worse than his last start against the D-Backs.

Radke vs. Houlton

MLB ERA
    Well, Radke doesn't let me down, does he. Not only does he give up another ****ING homerun in the first inning, but he does it again in the 4th and again in the 6th .... all to the same guy. A guy who is a lifetime .235 batter. That's not including the OTHER home run he gave up today. 4 ****ING homeruns given up by your guy Radke, in one game. Ugh, I wanna run out the mound and slap the snot out of him.

C'mon. Why am I the only one that sees that Radke is overpaid by about 6 million a year.

The Twins scored 3 runs and left about 15 on base (so it seemed) today, and more than half of those in scoring position.

BTW: I was in the car during that final inning and only heard part of the broadcast because I was on the phone. WTF was the deal with Gagne lipping off to Lew Ford before that final out?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    fill me in I live in colorado and have not heard anything about it. Yes F'N Radke MR. I like to give up homeruns is way overpaid.. 3 homers to the same guy? Who was it? Gagne is all talk what has he done lately been hurt right..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I only listened to bits and pieces on the radio, didn't see any of the game.

4 home runs. 3 to the same guy. That guy was Hee-Seop Choi.

Twins lost... 4-3 and lost their first series since the early part of May.

AA ERA
    Man Brad stunk today. I just finished watching this game. It wasn't as bad as Tuesday, but nevertheless it was not good. You hit the nail in the head on Brad, Lynch. Your description of Brad is basically how I feel. I have been very dissapointed with him this season to be honest with you. He is definitely not pitching like last year for sure. Yeah the offense should have given him better lead, but with 4 runs, he should find a way to get it done. I am not going to sugarcoat this performance. I have been dissapointed with him and if this team is going to go to the playoffs as the wild-card or the AL Central Division winner, Brad has gotta pitch a lot better. This guy has give up too many HRs for my liking this season. I had that feeling that he would give up a first inning HR and he did not put me down. This wasn't good. I hate to say this, but he is pitching worse than Lohse and Mays which is really scary. I have no idea what is up with Brad, but he has not been sharp this year.

The offense really let that Dodger rookie pitcher off the hook. Twins should have really blew this game open as they had runners in scoring position third, fifth, and sixth I think. That was as dissapointing as Brad's performance.

The only bright spot was TM striking out Choi to end the seventh. Other than that, it wasn't good.

As for the Dodgers, I don't like them. In fact, I hate them. I swear I will puke if I see the Dodgers/Whiney Sux in the WS. I have a feeling it may happen. LA is the team to beat in the West and She-ca-go just keesp winning. I hate both of those two teams. I don't care for either of them and even if the Dodgers win the WS, I wouldn't be happy. I don't care for that team, Vin Scully, their fanbase who by the way drove me nuts this entire weekend with their minor league chant of "HEE SHOP CHOI". It wouldn't sad me if the Dodgers were contracted. As for Gagne, he is an idiot. He thinks he is special in his mind. I really don't care much for LA sports teams at all period.

Twins just gotta keep grinding. I am glad they will get a well-deserved day off.

AA ERA
    I read the papers and Twinsbaseball.com. Sounds like Gardy and the guys were lamenting about the lack of opportunities offensively. They should do that too, but I think it's funny that there was no talk about the lousy job Brad did out there. Brad did not pitched a great game at all yesterday, but Gardy, the players, and the writers never mentioned much of Brad's bad performance. The offense is not going to hit every night. They have been pretty good in the last few weeks so I am going to be lenient on them. It's hard to score runs in baseball as it is. 4 runs should be more than enough for a pitcher to work with. Brad just hasn't gotten it done and I am dissapointed Lavelle E. Neal, Souhan, Mark Sheldon, and Jason Williams never wrote about Brad's performance. Brad may be a nice guy and he has done a lot of great things for the Twins in his time there, but he is not immune for criticism either. I swear he gets lot of free ride in the press. I am still amazed that he never got any criticism for his horrible performance in Game 2 of the ALDS last year. Not one writer mentioned how he stunk in that game while Joe Nathan got lot of flak in Game 2 as he blew that win in the ALDS.

Oh and for Brad to be upset about being taken out is pretty silly. Brad should be upset about his performance yesterday. Lot of Twins fans I know are not very happy with the way he has been pitching this entire season. Right now, the Twins, writers, and fans should be more concerned about Brad's pitching at this point.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    What happened betwenn Lew and Gagne? Can some please tell me. Radke should be traded or moved to the bp. I think and I hate to say it Mully may be a better fit to start. Mve 2-5 up a spot and have mully be the 5th starter.

I think it would make Radke think about what his issues are all the homers and I believe it would make him pitch better. I just can't understand all the homers he has given up, Choi hit 6 homers vs us this last weekend thanks to Brad 3 taters he gave up. I know i could do the same off Radke.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    Did you notice that when Gagne comes into a game the TV station doesn't even break for commercial. They start with the music and then pan to his feet running in from the bullpen. What is up with that. Then we have to watch him take the mound and throw his warm up pitches. Both times he came in during the series we had to see this specticle. It was pretty odd!

AA ERA
    I saw that on Friday night, DG. I just rolled my eyes. I am shocked the YES Network does not do the same thing with Mariano Rivera. It just shows you the sad mentality of the LA Dodgers. God I hate that team.