Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins @ Yankees for a 3 game series.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Twins @ Yankees for a 3 game series.

Twins face there old sp in Ponson game one. I look forward to what the Twins bats will do after a POOR day at the plate yesterday. Ponson should get lit up and the Twins will put up alot of run early and often.

Twins will send Nick Blackburn to the mound to begin their final series in the Bronx. Blackburn (7-5, 3.65) lost for the first time since early June in his last outing, but still pitched relatively well. He went seven innings and allowed three runs—two earned—in a 4-2 loss at Detroit on July 13.

Blackburn’s lone major league memory against the Yankees isn’t a pleasant one. He had allowed just a run in 4 1-3 innings against them on June 1 at home, but took a line drove off the nose and had to leave the game, not qualifying for a 5-1 victory.

Twins are the best team in baseball since June 17th. We have gone 21-7 in those games played during that time until now.

Here is hoping Nick can forget what happened to him last time he faced New York and get a quality start.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: Twins @ Yankees for a 3 game series.

This series will show if the team is a serious contender or not this season. If the kids are awe-struck and do not perform well, they likely won't do well in October. This is the biggest stage in the AL. I'm glad the team is playing as well as they are right now.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Mntwinsfan, you might not necessarily light up Ponson. He had a horendus game vs. the Rangers, but other than that he's shut down the Mets and the Rays. So he can give the Yanks a boost here in game 1 after their sweep of the A's. They are going to need all the pitching they can get, because the bats have really slowed down as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I agree with Catman on this one. If the young guys can put all that big lights, big stage stuff behind them and play good ball, they have a chance.

And Gomez needs to do something to get out of his funk. Big time.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Game's on!

1 pitch, 1 out.... *sighs*
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

Ugh, they're getting bombed right now.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

The Yanks are hitting the ball all over the place. Hopefully Ponson keeps throwing well.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

When has the Twins ever played well in New York? NEVER. So let the sweep happen so we can move on. This is what happens when your payroll is 120 plus million lower than the Yankees! This shit always happens. On a side note, Yankees are getting much older and wont be good much longer.. I for one still dont see the Yankees making the playoffs!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    When has the Twins ever played well in New York? NEVER. So let the sweep happen so we can move on. This is what happens when your payroll is 120 plus million lower than the Yankees! This shit always happens. On a side note, Yankees are getting much older and wont be good much longer.. I for one still dont see the Yankees making the playoffs!
    You are such a whiner. A week or so ago you were on our forum telling us all hopw the Yankees suck so if they suck what difference does the payroll make? You guys should handle us w/ no problem if we suck like you said we did.

The yanks will actually be getting younger in the coming years as older players contarcts are up and their jobs are taken by younger players. Our rotation could have 4 young starters in it next year, we'll get younger at 1B and LF as well to go w/ ARod and Jeter in their primes(maybe slightly past their primes but still excellent players), young melky in CF and Abreu in his prime in RF.

We will be BETTER in the next few years so don't get your hopes up about some old, declining team.

MLB ERA

LOL

YOUR team is old. There is no question about it. Younger rotation maybe, but how about all those injuries!?? Facts are facts, your payroll is the largest in the game. Yankee's are supposed to win correct? If they don't what happens? You club spends more money.. Finally when have the Twins ever played well in New York? NEVER. When we had Santana he would do ok and the team around him stunk.

I have never liked the Yankees and the crap the stand for. They still suck and won't make the playoffs!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Kevin Slowey pitched pretty well tonight and the team got a few hits off Rasner. The bullpen has not done well, and the Yankees pen has done their jobs, sofar.
    I'm tired of hearing Sinatra's New York, New York. I'd rather hear Liza Minelli's version.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    LOL

YOUR team is old. There is no question about it. Younger rotation maybe, but how about all those injuries!?? Facts are facts, your payroll is the largest in the game. Yankee's are supposed to win correct? If they don't what happens? You club spends more money.. Finally when have the Twins ever played well in New York? NEVER. When we had Santana he would do ok and the team around him stunk.

I have never liked the Yankees and the crap the stand for. They still suck and won't make the playoffs!
    There are going to be alot of rough times for you over the next few years as we get back to being a Championship caliber team.

MLB ERA

No way the Yankees make the playoffs...too many injuries, and too deep a division
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

This series showed that they need an immediate change or two if they want to be in the race till to the end.

MLB ERA

The ONLY thing the series in NY showed me is that were not ready. Our club is very young and the pressure in New York was to much for the club. If we want to contend we need hitters badly. Twins either go out and trade for a big hitter or two or the season all be it will be over playoff wise.

When will Liriano be recalled up to the majors? This is getting to be a damn joke with how were not using him. Hernandez is not the type of sp we need right now. If anything he would be better suited for the pen. Why not put him in a set up role for Nathan. First time around the order he does ok then after that he get hit.

nyjunk,

Your club is a pretender at best. There is NO chance in hell your club makes the playoffs. NONE PERIOD! Try having our owner who does nothing and see how far your team gets.. Your minor league club does little vs the Twins. We always have pitching and your club trades almost everyone to add a old vet to make an attempt to win a world series ring. That has not happened in quite awhile!

Rays have a great young club and Boston will still be there. How does it feel to look up to a team that has been a bottom feeder for 10 + years???
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast