Thread: 6/4/05: NY/Twins

AA ERA

6/4/05: NY/Twins

Twins will try to extend the Yankees misery of losing to seven games this evening at Minneapolis as the weekend series with NY continues. Twins got contributions from Lew and Brent last night. Let's see if the role players can keep it up here and let's see if the pitching can be pretty good.

Joe Mays is on the hill tonight. He has been great all year. Let's hope he can set the tone for tonight's game with a great start and go from there. I think his sinker is good enough to freeze the Yankees hitters.

Wangs vs. Mays

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins

GO TWINS !!!!
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins

Here ya go Steak, just found this pic......

GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Nice pic, rdr. That might be my avatar come playoff time.

As for the game, I got nothing to say. I did not watch it since I was out all night. Did not care to watch the archive especially Al-Yankeezera (YES Network) was airing the game on MLB.TV and I don't like Al-Yankeezera. I just watched the lowlights on MSG SportsDesk and it was bad. Twins deserved to lose. They made too many mistakes and Yankees as usual took advantage of it. The walks, the errors in the infield, and etc really killed the Twins. Twins paid the price tonight and they deserved to lose. It seems this is just mental when it comes to playing the Yankees. Twins get tight and start making stupid mistakes when it comes to playing the Yankees. It was the same thing in the first three innings on Friday.

Joe did okay, but it was really dissapointing that he gave up two runs after Jacque homered to give the Twins 3-0 lead. He should have found a way to keep at that.

Terry really should have caught that ball at first because if he did, he could have gotten Posada out. That's something he should have done.

I am not sure why Joe Nathan pitched in the 10th. He has been used the last four days so he was eventually going to get hit here and that's what happened. I would have went with Jesse Crain here. You know in situation like this, Grant Balfour could have been useful. This is where his injury hurts.

I think the pen may have not been sharped since they were overworked against the Indians Thursday. Still the defense should have found a way to get it done there.

This is a tough loss. This is a game the Twins had in the pocket. They should have won this game. If the Twins want to show everyone that the Yankees are not in their heads, they can find a way to rebound and take this series this afternoon. Let's see the Twins prove it today.