Thread: I'm done with the Twins

MLB ERA

I'm done with the Twins

This afternoon, I hung up my cleats and turned in my Twins fan card. I'm officially ****ing done with this ******* club. I was incredibly pissed off months ago when these talks started. Now seeing how we got three shit "prospect" minor league pitchers and one supposedly decent prospect minor league OF.....

**** them. **** the Twins, **** Carl Pohlad and **** the city of Minneapolis and Hennepin county for building a stadium for this piece of shit. I have hated Pohlad for years. This is the nail in the coffin for me. I'm done with this organization for the foreseeable future. I can guarangoddamntee you that I'll not spend one red ****ing cent on anything Twins related as long as it goes into this greedy pig's pocket or into the pockets of his family.

Any and all Twins fans that stick with the team through this, I don't know how ya do it. This pig owner has done so much to screw this team and this town for the past 15 years. Threatening to move, even though no one wanted the team. Demanding a stadium or else. Rubbing penises with that sh!theal commissioner a few years ago in trying to get the team shutdown, only to have his hopes for just that dashed when the twins went on a pennant run. He's the richest owner in all of MLB and he acts like he has no ****ing money.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to do or say this any nicer. **** him and **** this team. Someday, I'll pick up the pieces and maybe become a casual fan again, but not for a long time. I grew up watching and listening to the Twins on the TV and on the radio. When I would hear Herb Carneil's voice on the radio, it always reminded me of my grandpa as my grandpa was an absolutely HUGE Twins fan. I remember it broke my grandpa's heart when the Twins let Rod Carew go because that pig owner we used to have didn't want to pay him either. He didn't cuss much, but I remember him cussing out Calvin Griffith numerous times over the years after that.

My grandpa died at the end of May, 1987. Just a few short months before the Twins finally won their first WS. I was lucky enough to be at game 7 of that WS. I was downtown Minneapolis when the Twins won it again in '91. Both times, thinking about how proud/happy my grandpa would have been had he still been alive. I cried when Kirby retired due to the eye injury. I cried even more when Kirby died. I teared up when Herb passed as well, because the voice of the MN Twins always reminded me of my grandpa.

I've met numerous Twins players over the years. I've been a less-than-adamant fan of baseball as a whole since the strike in the mid 90's. I've never been afraid to say what I do and don't like about this organization....

.. but today... I'm beyond pissed. And I have this image of my grandpa rolling in his grave right now. I don't recall off the top of my head what the Twins got for Carew, if anything. That being said, as far as I'm concerned, we didn't get anything for Santana either. I'm just disgusted.

Good luck to those that can stomach this stuff. I wish I could, but I can't.

I'd say good luck to the Twins in the future, but I'll be lying. I wish nothing but losses and negativity on this team until that entire Pohlad family is out of this organization from each and every possible standpoint. **** the Twins. **** Pohlad. Carl, you are a bastard of epic proportions. I'd love to be the first person you meet in the afterlife to laugh in your face when you finally come to the realization that you were NOT able to "take it all with you".

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: I'm done with the Twins

Is there another team for you to root for or are you just done with that too? Good to see you get some shit of your chest

MLB ERA

I think I'm done with MLB as a whole for a while. Seriously, there are so many aspects of the game that I can not stand. From FA to no salary cap to the gutless commish doing nothing about roid-ball over the past 15+ years to owners moving teams (or in some cases, just threatening to) to owners demanding things from the community but giving nothing in return, to greedy pig players to lack of profit sharing for the "small market" teams. It's a mess. It's an ugly mess and frankly, I'm tired of it.

Maybe I should thank that bastard Pohlad for giving me what I needed to cut ties with this sport for a while.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

As a former Expos fan, I completely understand where you're coming from, Lynch. We can only take so much assraping. Twins fans have been shafted for too long, and today is just another example. Enough is enough!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: I'm done with the Twins

I completely understand. Us Brewers' fans are always willing to take on more fans. Hop aboard and enjoy the upcoming team in the majors.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    As a former Expos fan, I completely understand where you're coming from, Lynch. We can only take so much assraping. Twins fans have been shafted for too long, and today is just another example. Enough is enough!

Yep, and that's one of the things about MLB that bugs the shit out of me. I wasn't an expos fan at all, but it pissed me off that they were able to do what they did with that team. MLB is a mess, and it's a disgusting mess.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Re: I'm done with the Twins

I agree that the MLB is a mess. I skipped school the day that the Twins were almost contracted to watch sportscenter. I am extremely disappointed in Bill Smith and Pohlad; but I kind of saw this coming. When they handed out contracts to Cuddy and Morneau, I pretty much figured that Johan was gone. Yeah, we are getting Liriano back, but to deal THE MOST DOMINANT PITCHER IN BASEBALL is absolutely insane.

However,

my fanhood will not waver. I have and always will be a die hard Twins fan. Hopefully we can work through this huge loss.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

I will not give up on my team, as I have watched a lot of these kids come up through the minors and met many of them. They are all quality guys. Johan will be missed, and the pitching will not be as good as it has been the past couple of years. Liriano must be brought along slowly. No reason to hurry him and damage his elbow or shoulder this season. I see him pitching about 120 innings in 20-25 starts.
    Lynch, I understand your frustration, and sympathize with you, but I've been too involved with the team to give up on them. I do, however, agree that its time for someone that actually cares about the fans to own the team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

First off, good to see you around Lynch, always have and always will be one of my favorite posters.

I understand your frustration completely, Pohlad is a cheap ***** who has screwed over the Twins and screwed over the city. People will yell and scream about guys like Steinbrenner who seemingly just throws around money...but guess what! He's trying to improve the team WITH THE MONEY HE HAS. If Pohlad had opened up his checkbook the Twins would be in a much better place. I respect the Twins franchise as they've given us many tough battles. It's unfortunate that they traded the best pitcher in the game, however, for what amounts to mediocre to good prospects. Sad day for Minnesota baseball.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

There's always room on the Padres bandwagon.

They extend their Cy Youngs.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Lynch I understand your frustration, I was pissed off as well, what pissed me off even more was if the Twins owner was willing to cough up the 5yr/93m extension offer, why the **** cant he given him two more years? Come on now. Either the five year offer was a fake offer to begin with, just to show everyone that they are willing to pay him, or it was legit, if it was legit they should have at least added a sixth year with a club option for a seventh. I swear this shit pisses me off, baseball should only give franchises to owners who are willing to spend money on the team, instead of keeping all the revenue for themselves.

MLB ERA

You could always be a Braves fan.

Before I forget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch View Post
    Any and all Twins fans that stick with the team through this, I don't know how ya do it.
    It's called pride, loyalty. For example, Atlanta Braves is my team. No matter who the GM, manager is or the current roster I'll be either in front of the TV or in the stadium watching every game. Their are plenty of transactions I did not like or care for but I'm still here.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

I've been sticking with really shitty trades, non-signings and lack of effort from the front office for seemingly forever. By saying "I"m done with the Twins", more than anything it's blowing off steam, but I am also 100% serious that I will not spend one single dime of my money that will end up in the pockets of a Pohlad. When the day comes that that piece of shit owner or his family dump this team, I don't care if they are 40-120, I'll go see them and it'll probably be the first time I see the inside of our new ballpark. But with this turd owner, I will only watch from afar and I seriously will not give a shit if they win or lose.

Loyal? C'mon, nice jab. I've been loyal for nearly 40 years.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I am a Twins fan no matter what. I do not like that we did not retry and sign Santana! Again though it is about the players and there ungodly contract requests! 80 million dollars over 6 years was a shit load of cash! But Johan is a greedy bastard and just about doubled that amount with the Mets. It is all about the big market teams, they can spend.

A salary cap is going to be something that the league must have. Otherwise the leagues smaller teams will crash and burn. Memo to Carl Polad: Retire/Sell the team to someone ANYONE who will spend money to make money. A new stadium will be a sellout for alot of years, you do have money use it!

Lynch

be happy the Yankees or Red Soxs did not get him. Things would have been much worse.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I remember back in 1992 when Tom Werner held his infamous fire sale in San Diego I said I was "done with the Padres"

That didn't last long, though, cuz I was too attached.

Ironically enough it was the Gary Sheffield for Trevor Hoffman trade that pushed me over the edge.....the one and only trade in that fire sale that netted anything of value. (But I didn't know that at the time)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000