Thread: 5/27/05: Twins/Blue Jays

AA ERA

5/27/05: Twins/Blue Jays

Twins are coming off a great win last night against the Indians thanks to Shannon Stewart's GW HR. This was a win the Twins really needed as they got the split. They come to Toronto sky-high from that win.

This should be a good series. The Blue Jays has survived so far. They have played well for the first two months of the season. They are right there in the AL East and wild-card race. I don't know if the Jays will be a factor, but they are a plucky team to go up against. Jays are coming off sweeping the Red Sox so they will be on cloud nine heading to the series. Twins/Jays have been a great series going back to last year. This series at the Dome was pretty good.

Johan will be on the mound. Here's hoping he gets his payback against the Jays who just hit him pretty good in his first start against them this year at the Dome.

Tonight is a rematch between Johan and Towers. They faced each other at the Dome couple of weeks ago. Here's hoping this is a different story.

Santana vs. Towers

AA ERA
    That was more like it. I enjoyed this explosion on offense. It was so good to see the hitters feast on Josh Towers. Towers had it coming after styming the hitters at the Dome couple of weeks ago. It was good to expose him for what he is which is an average pitcher. It was also a nice respite to what was a tense series with the Indians. I enjoyed watching this blowout.

Jacque got the big two-out base hit in the first inning after what it looked like the Twins would fail again with the bases loaded with Justin grounding out and Torii coming up lame again. Fortunately, Jacque came through. Shannon hit a HR. Then Juan Castro with the knock-out punch with his two-run HR. It was beautiful just knocking the pine tar out of Towers.

Johan was good out there. Very efficient.

I got the Blue Jays feed tonight for MLB.TV .I got to listen to Darrin Fletcher, who used to play in the majors. I have to say that he stinks. He was brutal to listen along with the Jays PBP guy, Jamie Campbell. Darrin is saying lot of stupid things like talking about his playing career or how the Blue Jays are Johan's daddy or talking about how Towers is pitching with a heavy heart. Pitching with a heavy heart? He is getting lit up like a firecracker and he is pitching with a heavy heart. He is saving the relievers and taking one for the team. That should not constitute to him pitching with a heavy heart. I mean the fans are booing him out there. I had no idea what Darrin Fletcher was thinking out there.

Great win. Back-to-back wins. What's even sweeter is that the Whiney Sux lost AGAIN. They lost to Texas tonight. Twins are now 4 games out of first.

AA ERA
    WTF! Baseball Weekly apparently talked about how the hitters have finally found out how to hit Johan. Talk about BS. Johan is just slumping. It happens to everyone. Great pitchers will have games like that. This stuff about figuring him out or tipping his pitches is bunch of marlarkey.