Thread: 5/19/05: Blue Jays/Twins

AA ERA

5/19/05: Blue Jays/Twins

Twins and the Blue Jays face off for the rubber game of the three-game series this afternoon. The Twins really need this series. They need to be 3-3 in this homestand heading to the weekend showdown with our neighbors, the Milwaukee Brewers.

Joe Mays will be on the hill tonight. Here's hoping he continues to pitch well and somehow give 7 good innings. I like to see him go deep if he can.

He will go up against Rookie of the Year favorite, Gustavo Chavin, this afternnon.

Chavin vs. Mays

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins win 4-0. Mays pitched his best in several year in my opinion. Nothing like a complete game and the bp did not have to get in the game. 2 wins out of 3 is a good series.

Here is hoping that we can generate a winning streak.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Good job by the Twins as they take the series against the Blue Jays this afternoon. They needed this series just to even up this homestand at 3-3 and not fall futher behind in the standings. They got very good pitching from Joe Mays and another clutch hitting by Michael Cuddyer.

It was a pretty good pitching duel for five innings till Chavin loaded up the bases for the red-hot Michael Cuddyer. Michael made Chavin play with a big hit as Justin and Torii scored to make it 2-0. Boy that feels good for the Twins to finally get a big hit with the bases loaded. Then Mike Redmond got 2 RBI hit to score Matthew Lecroy and Michael to make it 4-0 and that's all she wrote. That sixth inning was simply awesome to watch and it was great to see Michael come up huge again.

The story of this game was Joe Mays. He was superb out there this afternoon. He matched zeros with Gustavo Chavin this afternoon and it was so good to see him rewarded in the sixth inning by the Twins hitters. I thought Gardy was really nuts to give him a complete game because he was starting to wear down, but to Joe's credit, he did not gave in and he got a double play in the seventh and got out of a jam in the eighth with a good pitch. I am so happy that he pitched a complete game. He deserved it. I am really proud of Joe. He has been rock solid so far this season. He has been a very good story for the Twins.

The webgem of the game came when Shannon made a sliding catch in this game to prevent an RBI for the Blue Jays.

The last two games has been Twins baseball. I want to see more of that especially from now till the end of May. I want to give the Twins a very good mark when we get to Memorial Day.

AA ERA
    Couple of more points:

-- It was so nice to hear the crowd give Joe a huge hand after the ninth. Nice job by the crowd appreciating Joe's effort. :thumbsup:

-- Also nice job by the Twins inviting students and teachers from the Red Lake School to attend yesterday's day game. :thumbsup: Good to see them have fun. Those people have went through a lot with that unfortunate shooting several months ago.