Thread: Happy Trails, Brad

MLB ERA

Happy Trails, Brad

In a move that surprised very few people, Brad Radke announced his retirement after 12 seasons with the Twins. Here is a story: http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=min
    I will miss his gritty performances, but he was pitching on guts alone last season and would have needed surgery to repair his shoulder to continue. Last season, Gardy would ask him how his shoulder felt and he'd say "You don't want to know"
    He was one of the true "good guys" in baseball.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    I always liked Brad's personality as a pitcher. He wasn't an arrogant ass like some. He came to work, did his job and went home. Admittedly, I was one of his biggest critics over the years, but you always knew two things when Brad was on the mound:

1) anywhere between 1 and 3 HRs would be given up in the first 4 innings

2) You were also going to get 7 innings out of the guy, almost every single time he was pitching.

Congrats on a decent career Brad. Good luck to him, whatever he does in the future.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    He was always one of my favorite Twins players as well. I predict that someday he will resurface as a poitching coach, and possibly a manager. Godd luck to him and his family in the future.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Brad could have sucked it up for 1 more season, he know are staff is not at full strength this season. With Brad and Francisco gone for the season what will the upcoming season's staff look like?

WE are never a player in free agency!! This team blows in that department. NOT one signee is what the team needed..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brad had a great career. He represented the organization and the state well.

Thanks for the memories, Brad.